Ch2 - Nico And Piper Dream

Author's note: As I said, this chapter will be dream-vision of demigods about Sophie. Hope you like it.

Disclaimer:I do not own Percy Jackson or Keeper of the lost cities.

Nico's POV

After going through Tartarus, Nico was used to seeing dark and scary dreams about it. This time, he wasn't expecting anything else. He definitely wasn't expecting to see a glittering corridor filled with laughing children and confetti. 

The kids were picking and putting what looked like gifts in huge white colored hats hung upside down. All the kids were about eleven years of age except two boys, who had just entered the room. Although all the kids looked like they belonged to Aphrodite cabin, these two boys were really handsome. Like, really handsome. 

One had chocolate brown hair and teal eyes that would look impossible on any mortal. The other guy, if you saw at quick glance, looked like Jason without glasses, with blond hair and ice blue eyes. (In fact, on closer look, all the kids seem to have blue eyes).

 But that's where the similarities end. Both Jason and the guy were handsome in their own way, but they looked nothing alike.The two boys kids had created quiet the swooning amongst girls (Nico would never say that to Thalia, if he feared for his life). 

Only two girls looks unfazed. One looked like she was the chocolate haired guy's sister. She had the same teal eyes and same colored hair. Though, she did looked wistfully towards the other guy.The other girl was blond that she was the only one in the whole room who had brown eyes. She looked nervous. From the talk around the kids, it was the end of exams and their parents had gone to get their grades. No wonder she looked nervous.

 The blond guy, Keefe, a nearby girl had whispered, went towards the two girls and a boy with them. The boy didn't look pleased about the arrival of the other guy. He muttered something that sounded like "Wonderboy".

 Keefe gave the three of them a packet and whispered something in the ears of the blond. She opened her mouth to say something but she said in the voice of Will Solace, "Wake up, vampire. Your cabin really needs a renovation."

Piper's POV: 

Piper was in a huge field that was lined with pastures on the right, with various weird animals in them. The pastures were super spacious. The animals looked content and happy unlike the other caged animals she had seen. The pasture she was looking at held a - what was it? A wooly mammoth!? But they were supposed to extinct! And yet, here she was staring at a pack of wooly mammoths.

In the cage next to it was an animal that looked like T- rex, but it was covered in bright neon green feathers. A woman was riding the T – rex and (trying to) brush its fur. She somehow still managed to look beautiful, even after being covered with sweat and feathers.

Piper had fought giants and even put mother Earth to sleep, but this was new and scary. It wasn't something she would ever dare to do. The woman looked like a fragile thing, super beautiful but she wrestled the T – rex like it was every day business. Piper supposed it was.

She looked like she was the caretaker of all the animals here. To her left was a huge mansion, glittering white with what looked like real crystals embedded in the wall. Even the richest man on earth would not have such a house. Its beauty could compare to that of Olympus. She had never been there, but Annabeth told her all about it.

From the door came a girl with blonde hair tied in a ponytail. She was so beautiful, she looked like she belonged in Aphrodite cabin. She was talking to a man who would have made Piper's dad look lame. And that was saying a lot, considering that her dad was an superstar.

He had brown fur stuck all over his clothes so he looked like he was a caretaker of the animals too. They went to a pasture where the fencing was more secure and the unicorn inside, no, unicorns don't have wings, was flying and trying to escape. It looked like a sparkly Pegasus. Unlike the other animals Piper saw, it didn't look pleased to be caged. But the moment the girl came near it went to her and nuzzled its nose. 

The man was saying, "The councilors want the alicorn ready by the next celestial festival. But Silveny isn't responding or even going near anyone besides you Sophie. So, today we are going to try a new tactic."

"What?" Sophie asked curiously.

"Today you are going to fly on her back."

"What?" Sophie said, taking a step back. She took a look at the alicorn's back and her face looked like she had just been told that she was a demigod. 

"But.."

"Sophie, you are always telling me that I am not letting you to take enough risks. Well, here's the risk. You fly on Silveny." Sophie looked like she was going to pee. I mean, she is 12, and the alicon, Silveny is twice her size.

Sophie squared her shoulders and concentrated on the horse' head like she was talking to the alicorn like Percy, perhaps she was. Who knows?

After lots of staring, the alicorn, Silveny put herself down so that sophie could climb. Once she was seated the alicorn took off. Sophie had a priceless look on her face. The alicorn took a 180 turn. Sophie fell on its wing and the alicorn put her back. Silveny did that twice or thrice. Piper got the feeling that the alicorn was telling Sophie to trust her. Her dad was screaming instructions like "Hold the mane." "Put your foot around the body", etc.

But Piper remembered her first Pegasus ride. Moving from her position was impossible. At least Piper had not been tossed from wing to wing. She felt sorry for Sophie. 

Finally after a while, the man said that Sophie come down. But she didn't. She looked like she was concentrating but the alicorn wasn't listening. Sophie's dad brought out a lasso. Sophie took a look at it and her face clearly showed panic. After all, being attached in a lasso to a struggling and thrashing alicorn wasn't on anyone's bucket list. At least, Piper hoped it wasn't.

Then her face screwed in concentration and the alicorn dived towards the ground. It was so fast that any Pegasus (with the exception of the case when the rider is Percy) would have crashed. But Silveny came to stop right at the last moment and flung Sophie on the ground, right in a pile of sparkly poop.

Authors note: Gosh, these dreams were super descriptive. Hope you like it.

The scenes aren't exactly how they happened. But that's how dreams are. They tell you the essence, not the exact situation.