Ch15 - A Fight With the Skylla

Sophie dodged as the snakes on the monster's back struck at her, smelling the blood on her arms. But smelling demigod blood in Percy, they went towards him. Then probably smelling the alicorn blood in her, bent towards her. The snakes withered in momentary confusion. 

The skyla hissed, "Ah, a demigod and the moonlark. A day of feast it is."

She struck at Sophie, aiming at her heart. Sophie moved to the right, the goblin star in her right hand. The skylla's fangs hit her left arm. Fortunately, she hadn't expected hard ice below the orange t-shirt, so her arm wasn't ripped off, but she reopened the already hurting wound. It stinged. Sophie winced but she hit her target.

For the first time, she was glad that she was a natural at weapons. The skylla clutched her eyes as the goblin star embedded itself into her eyes.

She pulled out the star from her eyes, and...lets not describe it, ok? Then she did something with her hands. It was like glowing green webs were spinning from her hands. And her eyes fixed itself. Schist. 

It turned towards Percy. Her snake struck at Percy. Je dodged, holding the snake by the neck. Another snake came to hit his hand. Percy moved away. For a while, he dodged and struck, but he couldn't keep it up for long. He need something sharp. He caught a huge rock on the floor. It was blunt edged, not much good for him. It was too heavy for him to carry and hit fast enough. 

He looked at Sophie and she seemed to be thinking the same thing. She concentrated on the rock as she saw from the corner of her eye as Percy dodged and ducked.

The rock broke in splinter. Percy took one which was sharp edged, sort of like a spear-head, and threw it at the skylla's arm. 

She screamed but, as usual, seemed more annoyed than hurt. Sophie saw as Percy picked one after the other rock sprinters and hit the skylla. But there is a reason Percy was a disaster at archery. Barely any of the rocks hit her, what with the speed she was moving. And Percy was picking up rocks with wince every time. 

She saw blood trickle down his wrist. Of course, the shrapnel had edges at their sides too. She knew she had to inflict. She didn't know what Percy would think of her after she inflicted, but that was least of her worries at the moment.

She concentrated at the red anger in her. She thought of Brant, of Vespra, of Ruy, of Wylie's hurt body in Alluvettere, of her human parents body, of Keefe crying, and the anger burst. Inflicting like never before, she let all her anger out, but she inflicted only on the skylla. She didn't know how she did it, but she did. Percy didn't seem to be hurt.

Percy looked on with shock as red hot light appeared out of Sophie's heart and hit the skylla. She fell on her knees, snakes and all and Percy quickly moved out of it's way. He had no intention of being a skylla's cheeseburger for now. 

The skylla burst into flames and turned into dust. But behind her a bottle of the green glowy web thing she used to heal herself was remaining on the ground. Percy picked up the mess of green glowing threads and immediately the cuts where the thread touched on his palm we closed. He took the thread to Sophie who was standing with her right hand on her wound, literally covered in blood because of the amount of blood flowing from the wound.

He touched the thread to her wound. It did not completely heal, but it was no longer gushing out blood. He tied the threads around her wound in a sort of gauze.

Sophie was looking at her right hand. It was covered in blood. It looked so much like how it looked after shadowflux incident. It no longer hurt, but the memory made her...sick.

"You okay? Think you can walk until we find a gate?" Percy asked.

"Yeah, just...dizzy. Blood loss, you know." Sophie replied.

Keefe and Annabeth pov:

Annabeth was panicking. Annabeth didn't panic. She was a rational person.

They had reached the desert. They had met the elves. She had expected that. After they had straightened out the fact that they were not, in fact, each other's kidnappers, they noticed facts like Sophie and Percy were kidnapped in an almost similar manner. Disappeared off the face of the Earth while sleeping. 

Given how light sleeper Tyson is and his sense of smell, and the fact that Sophie had bodyguards on watch, it seemed really clever kidnapping on their part. 

They told Grover, Keefe and Fitz to reach out, but the results came out as no go. It didn't seem possible that they were wrong, because both Grover and Keefe ended up there, and making the excat same mistake is really difficult. 

"I had sensed Foster wake up." Keefe said. It was his fault, if he hadn't been overconfident and let Sophie's mind go, they wouldn't be in this situation. 

"I remember, she had been feeling very panicky." Keefe said.

"Yeah, me too. And now I am feeling..." Grover scrunched up his brows. "Its like, when I and Tyson were lost in the Labyrinth and I tried to contact Percy. Like all my messages are getting scattered."

"Yeah, I feel Fosters on the move. Like literally across the world." 

Annabeth hummed, "They escaped. Somehow they escaped and ended up in the Labyrinth, and so you guys aren't able to track them."

Keefe's eyes widened. Suddenly Sophie's mind was feeling extremel pain and anxiety. "They are in danger."

Annabeth nodded, not questioning it. 

"Come on. We need to go." She said

"Where?" Ro asked, narrowing her eyes.

"To camp. We will take Rachel and find them, from the camp entrance to the Labyrinth."

"But, she would lead us to daedalus' workshop. I mean, I definitely would like to go there, but, that's not where we want to go." Leo said.

"No, her sight takes us where we want to go. Hopefully we will find both of them instead of some other clue. I am tired of this scavenger hunt." Annabeth explained. 

"Hopefully." Biana said.

Annabeth told the coordinates of camp half blood and they leaped to the camp. Festus would come back on his own and Arion and Blackjack would follow Festus.