Ch11 - Finding Sophie

Wylie pov:

Wylie stood on a human road, with noise blaring in his ears and the pollution burning in his nose. Judging from everyone else's face, they were going through the same, except Keefe and Fitz. He guessed they were used to the environment. 

They had leaped to the black swan crystal in the streetlights. It was a crystal and one of the sensors that sensed Sophie.

He was standing with Keefe, Fitz, Biana, Dex, Marella, Maruca, Stina, Linh, Sandor, Grizel and Ro. It took terrible efforts by Sandor to convince Bo not to come.

The elves were the people who fight the neverseen, i.e. the people of the prophecy. Sandor and Grizel and Ro were simply unstoppable forces of nature who could not be convinced to not come.

They were right now in the human country, India. He could not understand what people were saying. That was understandable, Wylie didn't speak English. 

From how Dex and Fitz was crunching their foreheads, they didn't understand anything either. 

"These people don't even think in English." Fitz grumbled.

"Why do you want to know what the humans are thinking? Just spread your mind for Sophie." Biana.

The plan was that they would come to the sensor and Fitz would try to track Sophie with his mind. The more closer they got, the more accurate the location would get. Because they couldn't possibly scour the entire area of seven million square kilometres that one sensor covered. 

Fitz scrunched his eyes, and then after a while put his finger on his temple.

"No go." Fitz said dejectedly.

Dex exclaimed,  "What do you mean no go? Sophie reached out to you halfway across the world, this is not even that far. And she wasn't even your cognate then." His voice rising by the end. 

A few humans turned their heads towards them, shook their head saying something like, "Aj kal ke bache..." and went away.

(Kids these days...)

Surprisingly, Wylie felt a similar protectivness for Sophie. She was like a little sister to him. 

"Woah, woah, woah. Let's not fight amongst ourselves, people. It will not get blondie back." Ro said. 

Keefe scrunched up his eyebrows and said, "To there." He pointed to the way down the road."

"How did you know?" Stina asked.

"I don't know." Keefe said shrugging.  (A/N: Its called love sweetheart. Jk, it's because of the connection Keefe has with Sophie, because of which he can sense her emotions without touching.)

Keefe pov: 

Keefe didn't know how he could sense Sophie. It wasn't a telepathic ability. He had been spreading his emotional range trying to feel the sense of Sophie's emotion center of the brain. It was a fat chance but he was going to take any chance that he was getting. 

And he sensed her. It was faint and she wasn't feel anything distinct. Just a drugged emotion. Dreamy. This gave him hope. Fitz may be her boyfriend, but Keefe's feelings were not going to vaporize off the air.

Surprisingly, he felt Sophie's mind inside the Earth, like she was underground, but he would be able to tell better if he was closer.

They started walking down the road. He kept connected to Sophie's brain. But it seemed too far. They could not find her across 7 million square kilometres with walking. He put on a more cheerful vibe in his mind and said,