Chapter 34

"Oh shit!" Y muttered in front of Wylie. And that was the state of his mind too. The exit to the tunnel was blocked by two dragons, and unlike the ones they had seen earlier, this ones were plain scary.

The one on the right was blazing red, with orange and yellow flame-like scales folded on its huge yellow belly. Its wings, unlike the guard dragon's wings, were huge and definitely would hold up their weight.

The one on the left was purple and yellow. Its huge purple body was covered by deep yellow wings. It wings were huge, and would envelope an entire human with ease.

Another shifter, with blonde hair, and a scar running down her right ear to neck, who was standing between both the dragons, and hand in each of their necks, said with a sadistic smile, "Ah, W. Didn't think I would do this, would you? How sorry. What will you do huh? Kill your best friend?" 

"Tikha" she said softly to the red dragon, "Tikha, remember me."

"It won't make any difference," the shifter said with a smirk, "F's potions never fail."

J, who was on the back, and was not yet visible to the shifter, whispered to Grizel beside him, "Kill this shifter. We will somehow find a way to handle the dragons, without hurting them."

Grizel nodded, and in the blink of a moment she had retracted a small inch long dagger from her waist and it was engraved with perfect accuracy in the shifter's heart. 

The shifter's eyes widened, and closed her eyes making to transform, but Y darted forward and pressed her thumb hard in the place between her eyebrows.

Wylie remembered that they said, it stops them from transforming for a few seconds. Tikha, apparently still under the potion's effect, blew a torrent of fire in Y's direction. Y's clothes got scorched and she rolled down into the mud, stamping out the fire. 

Sophie gave a push to her feet and with a leap landed on the other side of the tunnel, giving her an open space and simultaneously taking the attention off Y.

It worked, and both the dragons turned towards Sophie,  blowing fire. But this time, Maruca was ready. A shield appeared in front of her and the fire encompassed the entire shield. When the dragons stopped blowing, Sophie looked amazed, but unscathed.

 In this time, Wylie made a rope our of pure light and sent that tying around Tikha. The dragon thrashed, and more it thrashed harder it became for Wylie to keep control. 

In the mean time, Jason took out his gladiator, and Annabeth her drakon bone sword. Some damage had to be done to the dragons of they wanted to survive. 

They skillfully dodged and thrashed at the dragon, giving it a few wounds on it's legs, but nothing serious. Meanwhile, Sophie stood with her two fingers on her head and closed eyes. A frown appeared on her face and after a few minutes, when Fitz realized what she was trying to do, sent a burst of strength to her.

After a while, Tikha stopped struggling, made a sound that was close to a gasp and shook his head, like a horse would shake his mane and spoke, "Y! Thank you. Help. Lady. Heroes."

Y smiled, moving a hand on Tikha's neck, "Yeah, I brought help."

Sophie did a similar thing to the other dragon, whose name, they learnt was Sandra. 

Sophie said, "Their brains are surprisingly complex. Like Silveny." 

"Yeah." W said, now moving a hand on Sandra's neck. 

"What do we do now?" Linh asked.

"The alarm has surely been spread. We have two supporters of K down. You guys killed three of our people, I am not holding you responsible for that, by the way, and ten more for K's party to die."