Chapter 19

Fitz was being pulled by a very itchy vine and he was not comfortable. He felt pain as the vines dragged him across the floor. At one point, some water seeped in the vines and he felt a little relief in the itching, but soon as the ice cold water spread over his body, the itching spread tenfold.

After a while, the movement stopped, and the vines loosed. His eyes felt groggy and he felt dizzy. Sodden smell filled his nose, like ages old creatures were farting.

Or, a huge creature had farted. 

A sort of hum filled the air, making him shiver. Or maybe that was just the cold water which was now slogging his clothes. 

He clutched a dagger in his hand and looked around as his eyes settled around the place.

He saw some figures rise around him, but his panic lowered when he realised it was just Biana, Stina, Wylie, Hazel and Jason. They all were looking around with a confused haze too, and then once their minds were cleared, they drew their respective weapons.

"Where are we, guys?" Stina asked, her voice quivering with fear.

"Shut up, Heks. First, you refuse to practise battle weapons, and now you are getting frightened like an imp." Biana.

"I am not getting frightened, Vacker. Besides, elves are superior creatures, and we don't need to learn weapons...". 

Wylie noticed out of the corner of his eyes, some movements. It was like some creature was moving under the water, and coming towards them. Being a flasher, he could see better than the others in the dark, which seemed ironic. He noticed that Hazel had also seen the creature, and with a look, they made a plan. (A/N:Tell me again Jason, which fighting style is better?)

Wylie said, "If we hadn't learnt to fight, we would be dead meat, and you know that. Besides, this is not a time of argument. Look." And with a sudden move, he flashed an orb of light in water, which fell on a creatures eyes.

But unlike blinding the creature, like Wylie had expected, it just brought it out Kf stealth mode, and come out full on

Oops.

The creature was larger than what Hazel had expected. Apparently, more than half of it was underwater.

Jason turned his gladius into a spear, and took aim at the creatures eyes, and threw it full force at it. It hit it in the eye, but just bounced back its eyes, like they were made of metal. Hazel racked her brains for any monsters that resembled the beast they were facing.

in fact, she was surprised that there was waterbodies in the Labyrinth at all. Clearly, she had underestimated the Labyrinth. 

Wait.

The spear bounced off the monster like it was metal. Maybe, the monster was metal. And if it was metal, then there was no reason to worry. 

She felt in herself for the pull that she felt when summoning metals. But she couldn't detect the monster. It probably wasn't metal after all. She saw as Jason, Biana and Wylie throw daggers at the monster. Wylie even did something with purplish glowing stars, but nothing seemed to effect the monster. Stina was just standing there, cowering and coming in the way.

Stina looked at everyone around her do something to defeat the monster. They were either using their weapons to try and fight the monsters, not that it was being any use. Hazel was standing with her eyes closed, looking like she was trying to control the monster mentally. 

And she, because of her insistance to not learn to fight, was just standing there, doing nothing and getting in the way. 

The monster's pov: (By now, you know that it is a kid who transforms into monsters)

-------------------------------------------------

J was waiting in the calm, still, waters like S had told him to. He was mostly under water. His older brother, S was in another tunnel, and it hurt J that S was away from him. S was not a powerful shifter, but he was emotionally very stable. It was because of S that J had survived the past emotional termoil. 

S had told him that he would be there, once assessed the demigods power and made them their allies. (By the way, S is the blue skinned, winged monster.)

A young boy, of about eight years old was standing on a grassy field. He soft blonde tousled hairs, and sharp purple eyes. A young girl, with caramel hairs and eyes that were thousands of years old, lady Drakon, walked towards him. 

J's eyes widened. It was known that the Lady only shown herself to the worthy. And she thought that J was worthy enough to be visited?

J bowed and said, "Lady Drakon? What may I do to help you?" 

But the lady just laughed, a soft, tinkling and sad laugh, "You can do nothing to help me. There is nothing that can be done for me now. The curse on the shifters is growing. I am bound to die." 

"But Lady, shifters are immortal."

"They are under certain circumstances, and I am afraid the situation is not... Listen. The shifter race is ending.  The shifters will stay together if they stay united. K is rallying shifters against each other. 

For pretence and normalcy, agree to K, but when K sends you to kill the heroes, ally with them. Get them to help you. The heroes are very persuasive, and they can maybe help us cure this curse placed on shifters." 

Before J could react, Lady disappeared from his dream.