Chapter 27

Double update for you'll amazhang people. (Word suggestion came up with amazhang and I never have been prouder. 😁)

Sophie felt groggy. Her eyelids felt heavy and her hands felt like they being squished by two alicorn babies. She spoke from experience. She heard voices of Percy and Elwin, but didn't have the energy or the will to move.

"I suppose I did." she heard Elwin say, "But point remains, she wouldn't have died. Would've come close, I guess, but then that's nothing new for her." Sophie wanted to indignantly reply at that, but again, her body was numb. She could feel the numb going as blood flowed in her veins, but she still couldn't move.

"Guess that explains the poster. You're Elwin, right?" How dare he? Percy was supposed to be her friend. How dare he tease her behind her back? Well, technically, she was in the same room, but he thought she was unconscious, so it's a moot point. She felt her toes wiggle, but she was sure no one noticed.

Elwin asked, surprise and curiosity in his voice, but not suspicion, "How did you know?"

"Sophie talked a lot about you." Percy stated in a matter of fact way. She did? She never realized she talked so much about Elwin, but then again, they had been walking all evening and all night, so, it was not much of a surprise. 

Then the talking stopped abruptly, and she heard the soft rustle of the door opening. She heard swish of capes, as footsteps neared her. For two hundred and thirty seven pain staking silent seconds, she finally managed to open her eyes. She saw before her Grady and Edaline hugging each other and crying. But they were crying happy tears.

Their faces were like an eraser that had been lost and lying in dirt for days. Sophie didn't like that comparison. She felt her legs and her hands. she pushed her hands down the bed and pushed herself in sitting position. She winced, as sharp pain shot through her right biceps. 

She saw that where her wound was, it was covered with a white gauze. And Elwin being, Elwin had put a prattles pin on her hand. It was a hippocampus. Looking that she was awake, Edaline and Grady rushed to hug her, engulfing her in their Verdi saliva smell. 

Gods, she missed that smell.

"How long..." She began to ask, but Elwin cut her off.

"You both came tumbling into a little hideout in foxfire yesterday night, and passes out. Both of you. You are lucky Keefe was bunking there, which is not a good things kids do, by the way, but I have long since stopped Keefe from bunking." 

Sophie laughed at that, and looked over to Percy, who was looking sad. She raised a questioning eyebrow at him. He said, "You said you can teleport, right?"

Sophie nodded her head, confused. 

"So, can you take me home? Or camp? Sally would be so worried." He said.

Before Sophie could reply, Elwin cut him off, "Sophie is not going anywhere with that arm. She I would leap you home but..." 

"But what?" Percy and Sophie said in unison.

"The demigods and your friends have gone into the Labyrinth, to search for you'll. So, it would be better if you two stay together." Grady said.

Edaline nodded, and said, "I will let them know that we have got you here, so they can stop searching."

Percy scrunched up his brows in worry, "But why did they have to jump into the Labyrinth. They know Sophie and I can take care of ourselves." Grady narrowed his eyes at Sophie and I, but didn't say anything.

Edaline said, "When Sandor contacted me, to say what they were going to do, he said that Percy didn't have Riptide and all Sophie had was a goblin throwing star. It was hardly anything to protect yourself, and Sophie couldn't have reached out if she was unconscious."

"Besides, when Keefe reached out to your mind, he said you were feeling panicky." Elwin butted in, winking suggestively at Sophie.

Sophie decided to ignore that and asked, "Keefe can reach out to my mind?" 

"Apparently." Grady grumbled.

"Sophie, you said your  mom is conjurer, right?" Percy said, an idea suddenly forming in his head.

Sophie nodded.

"Can she conjure riptide?" 

"I don't know Percy, that's not how conjuring works. I need to know exaclty where something is to conjure it, or I need to be able to see it in absolute clarity." Edaline said, frowning.

"I can look into his mind and send the image of Riptide to you." Sophie suggested.

Della suddenly appeared from the corner of the room, "But what's to say we can trust him? I mean, Sophie read some books about him, but they are still stories."

"They're not. Percy told me about his adventures yesterday and all the facts line up. Besides, we have been speaking in enlightened language for a while now, and Percy understood perfectly."

"How's that?" Grady asked.

Sophie explained what Chiron had told Percy. Della nodded, "Granite did theorize this."

"So now, can I get my sword?' Percy asked.

The adults looked contemplative, but the fangirl inside Sophie couldn't bear it and said, "Of course." She then turned to her parents ans Della and said, "Look, I trust Percy and we can't keep fighting amongst ourselves, especially since all our friends are stuck in the Labyrinth."

Elwin held up his finger, and said, "Wait, you're not thinking of going after them, right?"

Sophie and Percy both had shocked expression and said, "Of course."

"Goes without saying."

"Absolutely not, I don't know what monster you faced, but the with the poison, you're not going anywhere in two days." Ewlin said.

"But..."

Elwin held up his hands, "No buts." Sophie quieted down. She knew when to follow an order and when not to. 

"I will just heal with some ambrosia, but, can I get my sword?" Percy asked again. Honestly, they got side tracked so much, and they weren't even ADHD.

Edaline reluctantly nodded. Sophie told him to concentrate on Riptide so she didn't have to go deeper into his mind. She successfully sent a picture of Riptide without looking at any of his memories. 

Edaline snapped her fingers, but nothing happened. At the disheartened look of Percy, she said, "Don't worry, it might take a few tries, since I don't know its exact place." Percy nodded.

Edaline scrunched her perfectly set eyebrows, and on the third snap, a ball point pen appeared on the table. Percy grinned widely and grabbed it. He uncapped it, and it turned into his trusty celestial bronze blade. 

"Thanks Edaline." He grinned. 

Author's note:

I know this is  not exactly a proper ending, but I had reached my chapter size limit, so here we are.