Chapter 28

(A/N: All I know about camping is from stories, so let me know if I get something wrong. Also, I am a vegetarian, so if during the story, while during the food section, if I go into the terrain of gross, let me know.)

A dark room, never visited in years was now filled with teenagers, goblins, shifters, ogre and elves. They were all bustling about the place. After some arguments and conflicts between the shifters and the heroes, they had settled on the agreement, with lot of yelling on Annabeth and Wylie's part, that they would settle for the night in the room and proceed with what to do overnight. 

This had been met with a lot of arguments, especially from Sandor's part, who didn't seem to be wanting to wait to do anything other than find Sophie. He was pacified by Grizel who told him that finding Sophie will be fruitless, if they were not in the same page. 

So, now all of them were moving around the room doing something or the other. Some of them were collecting weeds from the walls and Linh was removing the moisture in them to make them usable for firewood. Leo, Coach Hedge, Tyson and the goblins worked on making food with what they had. 

Some of them were moving around the place, 'securing the perimeter' to quote Coach Hedge. 

Some of them were working on making sort of bunks. Leo had produced some airtight plastic sheets which Biana cut in equal sizes and with Leo and Marella's heat they made bags which they were filling with air now, to make a sort of bunk. 

Some of them were working on collecting woods around them and making a campfire, to cook some rabbits they had found, much to the elves disgust. The shifters said that food was not a basic necessity for them, so they didn't eat. 

Boring life without food, Keefe had commented. 

So, now when the eating was done, a total of six sleeping bags were arranged, three beds were made on the soft sand, they were settled in a circle around the smoldering fire. 

"First things first," Sandor began, "you say you kidnapped Sophie and Percy?" 

W gulped. This was going to be the hardest part. This was the point the possibility of them getting help might get lessened, which had already became non existent after Y's outburst earlier. 

J saw W in a dilemma, his mind reflecting her inner turmoil. But someone had to say it. Y did the honors. Note the sarcasm. 

"Yes, we did kidnap them. Rather K had them kidnapped. You see? Finding Sophie and Percy intertwined with our problem." 

Annabeth nodded, hope shining in her life at the possibility of finding her boyfriend. "So, you guys know where they are, right?" 

Keefe could basically feel the hope radiating off everyone, as well as the cold feeling of disappointment from the where the shifters were huddled together. 

W shook her head, "They escaped recently, which is why we were sent to the Labyrinth. So that you couldn't find them and help them." 

"But why? Why kidnap them?" 

"Because the shifters have heard the prophecy as well. They believe that you will be the one to kill Lady, because that's what the prophecy says. But Lady visited some of us in our dreams, and told us to take your help in our civil war."

"But why?" Biana asked. This Lady was very suspicious. 

"I don't know. Lady always seem to know everything." J said frowing, as if he had never really thought about it. Maybe he hadn't.