Ch5 - Percy And Frank Dream

Disclaimer:

I do not own Percy Jackson and Keeper of the lost cities.

Percy's Pov:

Percy stood in a vast hallway. He wasn't expecting a glittering room with posh decorations. Perhaps he was somewhere on mount Olympus. But then, three people came walking in the room. Two of them looked around eleven or twelve years in age.

The girl was dressed in brown and yellow top and jeans. Her blond hairs were tied in a ponytail and she looked super nervous- like she was just about to get tested. The boy was dressed in a wonder woman T-shirt with pants that mismatched terribly. But still he looked good. 

The other man was dressed in a jerkin and... was that cape? He was dressed in cape and jerkin embroided with gems. And he looked similar to the boy i.e. he looked super handsome.

They entered another room where three people were sitting. All three of them worn similar silver dresses and pins that looked like golden keys. They too wore capes. The man and the boy bowed and the girl looked around bewildered. 

The man said, "Sophie meet Councillor Kenric, Oralie and Bronte."

Kenric was a redhead, with a kindly twinkle in his eyes. Oralie had blonde hairs and ringlets that had escaped her bun. Kenric was staring at Oralie. Bronte had a hard edge to his expression, a grim face, that said, if you are going to be tested, you shall not pass. Oh boy, was percy familiar with that expression. 

"Ah! Hello Alden. Hello Sophie." Kenric said.

The girl, Sophie, the boy and Alden sat down at the table. She was staring at Bronte with slight confusion on her face. She suddenly exclaimed, "You have pointy ears."

Percy remembered the time he had met Dionysus and had a hard time believing that he was a god. 

"Well, yes. It is a sign of an ancient." Kenric said, after he had finished laughing.

"An ancient?"

"Elves have indefinite lifespan. Councilor Bronte has lived about more than four thousand years and so his ears turn pointy over time."

Percy wondered if that meant that the elves were immortal.

"So... you mean that the elves are immortal?" 

"No. Not exactly. Elves can die, if they are harmed in any ways. But elves don't die of old age. Once they reach adulthood, they remain the same." 

'So like hunters of Artemis.' Percy thought. 

"So... you don't have, wrinkles?" Alden laughed, and Percy saw the smile crinkles around his eyes form.

"No, we have a drink called..."

"Do we have to start the test, or are you going to keep talking?" Bronte snapped. He definitely wasn't an easy guy to pass the test with.

"Oh. Yeah!" Alden said, "Fitz says she is a telepath. She could even infiltrate Fitz' mind. That's quite a feat."

"Your golden boy is overrated. It's no big thing to read a kids' mind. Read my mind." Bronte snapped.

"But you are an..." Alden started.

"Is this a test or not?" Bronte wasn't going to make this easy for Sophie, Percy thought.

Sophie looked towards Fitz, and he said, "He gave you his permission."

Maybe it was not allowed to read minds of people without permission. That was good. Percy wasn't intent to have his mind read.

Sophie screwed her eyes. after a while she announced, "Bronte is thinking that he is the only person at this table with any common sense. and he is tired of seeing Kenric stare at Oralie."