Chapter 21

"Dex, warning, this is going to get hot. This boy is in fiiiiiirrre." Leo yelled, as he became a ball of fire. Leo and Dex had somehow managed to plant little devices at Leo's feet, that would propel him forward towards the monster. 

Ah, are you wondering which monster? And where are we? Please refer to what happened to Frank and Marella. Yeah, that's what happened. I'll show you the picture of the monster, 

Isn't she just pretty? Now, back to the fight

"Stop making fire puns and get on with it." Dex grumbled, and wagged his remote.

Leo took out his hammer, and got ready facing the monster.

"Ready?"

"I want born ready Dexinator." Leo yelled. That's what he said, but in the inside, Leo was quivering. He was a son of Hepatatus. He was born to create and run things, and barelling into monster, literally, in this case, was not his cup of tea.

Gasp, but Leo, you defeated mother Earth.

Yeah, he has had his moments, you're welcome. Dex pulled at the rope on the rock ground and the devices went of, throwing Leo towards the monster. 

The monsters emotions changed from shock to scared to impressed to determined. Dex couldn't have followed it, but Leo with his battle honed ADHD could easily do that. Then something surprising happened. 

The monster fluidly transformed into a little girl and cleanly ducked out of the way. Leo's eyes widened. The rock floor was rock hard and it was not going to be soft. 

He waited for the crunch of collision to come, but it didn't. Instead, he felt like a giant invisible hand was holding him from his stomach which is not a pleasant feeling, mind you, and slowly bringing him to the ground. But a little away from the ground and the hand left, and he fell with a little bump on the ground. 

He saw Dex clutch his stomach with a completely knocked out version expression on his face. But on Leo's questioning look, he just said,

"Who knew you were so heavy?"

"How did you do that?" Leo asked.

"Its an elvish skill. I am not so good at it. I improved, a lot. But Sophie could've done it without batting an eyelash, which is ironic, given that she pulls that out under pressure."

"...okay"

"Anyways, how did your clothes not burn? We hand to get Marella yeti skin clothes, but yours are definitely normal." He said, examining his completely unburnt T - shirt.

"You can thank my sunshine for that."

"I can thank...who?"

"My sunshine-the amazing, wonderful, great..."

"Nevermind. Forget I asked." Dex said, with a smile. No matter how much he showed that he hated Leo's fool hardy-ness it did help relieve tension. Isn't that what he himself had done too? When they were given the title of Regents?