The Swamps - 4th night

< Hi everyone, how are you lots doing ?
We're more than halfway to the end of the third trial ! After that, the fourth is gonna go by quickly and then the fifth is when the plot will start moving some more. Some things will be settled, some more problems will appear and then we'll move onto the next arc (yes, I have several other arcs planned, I'm so hyped !). I think by then the story will have reached chapter 100 so that's some big news !

Like the previous chapter, warning ⚠️ for graphic violence all throughout the chapter.

Anyway, thanks for reading, take care and I hope you'll enjoy ! >
____

" - We still couldn't find her, Mizukage-sama.

- I see, this is becoming quite worrisome...

- Perhaps she's become wary of all the individuals in the swamps, including the summons, and she doesn't dare leave her hiding spot.

Kurama pondered on Tsunade's words for a moment. She turned to face Mei and declared :

- If that is the case, then I'll directly contact Isobu.

- The Sanbi ? What for ?

- Even if you manage to contact them, it would still be risky for them to expose themselves.

- I know, and it's not my intention. I'll go retrieve Shayō myself. I'll warn Isobu so that she doesn't worry when she sees me arrive.

- But wouldn't that disturb the trial ?

Gaara's eyes lit up in understanding as he noticed the knowing look in Kurama's.

- No, it wouldn't if Uzukage-dono directly teleports to Isobu-dono...

- Precisely. As a Bijū, I can materialise myself close to my relatives so long as we are connected through the astral plane.

The other Kage were a bit shocked by this. What a convenient way to communicate... A couldn't help but wonder how many things the Uzukage and Kazekage were able to share under everyone's nose. After all, had they been plotting against them since the beginning of the tournament, none would be the wiser.
Jiraiya, who had remained silent during most of the third trial, eyed the Kitsune curiously before asking :

- If you're able to contact Shayō this easily, why not doing it earlier ?

Kurama didn't answer right away, debating whether or not it would be damageable if she revealed it but decided giving the other Kage reasons to trust was her priority.

- The "astral communication" as we call it, requires a transe state that can only be attained through deep meditation. I didn't want to risk putting Shayō in such a defenceless position while under attack. However, if Hokage-dono's theory is correct, then it might be our only way to reach out to her before the Akatsuki might find her.

Upon hearing that, Tsunade and Jiraiya got the strange feeling that for the first time since the beginning of the tournament, the Uzukage had been completely honest with them. While it was quite an achievement, it worried them how she'd never really said what was on her mind in any other situation. In nine days, only once did they hear the unaltered truth from her...
Once again, they had the dreadful sensation this whole event wouldn't end well for Konoha.

* In the Swamps *

The toad flew away at blinding speed and collided with a rock after thirty feet searing in the air. The one to have disposed of them in such a radical way didn't wait to see the consequences of his punch on the now knocked-out creature though.