Tetsuya and Suzuka

< I finally decided on a schedule ! I'll update every Monday from now on. If I have the time, I might also write another chapter during the week.
Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy !>

_______

Tenten was leading Tetsuya through the village, attracting the curious gaze of its inhabitants. Tetsuya, after all, had features typical of the Uzumaki : straight red hair, angular blue eyes and fair skin. Naturally, everyone thought he was a lost Uzumaki to be taken in.
Tenten was quite puzzled by his attitude. It wasn't carefree but it wasn't nervous either. It felt very casual, almost natural. She was reflecting on her impression as she was chatting a bit with him.

Soon enough, they reached the Academy. The bell conveniently rang as they entered the building, dismissing the children and leaving the teachers alone.
Tenten went straight to the training grounds. Suzuka always went there after the lessons, she said she reminded better the performances of the students there.

The blond Bijū had sensed her friend coming along with another unfamiliar chakra and quickly put on a henge to hide her ears and tail. Her eyes widened then hardened when she saw the man walking behind her best friend.

" - Here we are. Suzuka, this is Tetsuya. Kurama-dono allowed him to speak with you.

- Oh, really ? And why would I want to speak with you, Tetsuya-san ?

- You don't have to, but I think we have a lot to tell each other.

- Hmpf. Well, why not ? I don't really have anything better to do currently.

- Alright, I'll leave you two then.

Tenten grabbed Suzuka's hand and gave it a light, comforting squeeze.
Once she had left, Suzuka sat underneath a nearby tree. Tetsuya followed her example, making sure not to sit too close though.

- Hum... So, do you... know who I am ?

- ... Mom told me there was another child. She thought they died though. Yet here you are.

- I am so sorry about this, I-

- Why do you apologize ?

- What ?... Why ?...

- You didn't compel Kushina to abandon me, did you ? Neither did you abuse me as a child ? So why are you apologizing ?

- I... I guess it's because I wished I was here... I wished I was here for you... And I... I'm afraid you might think I agree with the way you were treated... Because I don't ! Those people- no matter how much they suffered, they had no right to do this !!

- I understand. I'm not mad at you. But...

- But you don't consider me your brother, right ?

- Yeah... Kinda hard to feel this way about someone I just met.

- I-it's okay... Just knowing you don't hate me means a lot... I'm feeling quite relieved !

Suzuka chuckled and smirked at the boy across her.

- Thought I was gonna eat you ?

It was Tetsuya's turn to laugh.

- Well, you do have a reputation back in Konoha. Your friends all say you were a fierce and strong kunoichi.

- They did ? So I still have friends...

- Yes ! Neji is here for example. Lee, Shikamaru, Hinata, Chôji... They all miss you and Tenten. And Gai-sensei won't stop talking about his "eternal rival".

- That's a shame... Are... Are they doing okay ?

- They tend to be at edge with some of the other shinobi and some villagers but overall, they look fine. All are jônin now, aside from a few.