Back to Konoha

< Hi everyone ! Here's the new chapter ! I think I'm going to make a special with all my drawings. I don't know how many characters I'll put but there will at least be Kurama, Naru and Higure.
Anyway, I don't own Naruto, only Higure but I still hope you'll enjoy this !
And no, the virus isn't going to miraculously disappear so please be careful for your and your loved ones' health.
Thanks for reading and take care ! >

__________

The trip back to Konoha was dead silent.
Tetsuya had given Asuma his sister's scroll and after a quick check, he allowed him to take it back to their village. Both Neji and Sasuke were glaring at him but the red haired shinobi couldn't care less. After all, out of all of them, he was the only one to be satisfied with the way the mission went. Sure, it was problematic for Konoha that it was in such a pitiful state but his mother made sure he had no connection with this village and he still ressented them for his sister's treatment.

They eventually arrived at the village, being immediately summoned to Tsunade's office. When they broke the news to her, she sighed softly but smiled nonetheless. She dismissed them and turned to look at her window where she knew her old teammate was standing.

" - So, what do you say ? This tournament thing could be both a good occasion and a disaster.

- Neji did well by proposing this solution but I doubt Kurama-dono would fall for it, which is why she put this condition. For all we know, she might not even accept the alliance after the tournament.

- Kurama-dono... She decided to out her identity just like that... It can't be a slip from her.

- Knowing her, it isn't. She probably wants to see how we'll react to the news.

- It doesn't change anything, we're not here to hurt them. I really want to see Naru... Well, Suzuka now. Now that I think about it, I'll have to talk to Tetsuya in private, he seemed quite happy earlier.

- It most likely went well with Suzuka. Anyway, I think we should take part in the tournament. It's a good occasion to demonstrate our strength while asserting our enemies' power.

- So we do agree. I'll just have to remind them not to out too many of their secrets.

- Do you want me to spy on them too ?

- Hm... Just a bit. If they find out, they might take it as a declaration of hostility.

- Alright. One last thing : what about the Root ?

- I'll have a word with Danzô."

* Time skip *

Sasuke, Neji and Tetsuya met up with their friends at Yakiniku Q like usual. They were quite excited to know about what happened.
Lee immediately began questioning them :

" - So, when are they coming back ?

- Yeah, Lee's right, when do we get to see them ? Are they already here ?

- They aren't coming back.

They all looked at Tetsuya, slightly annoyed by his intervention. Kiba glared at him and snarled :

- What would you know about it ?

- Naru told me so herself. She doesn't wish to come back and Tenten-san doesn't either. It's safe to assume Kakashi-san will stay in Uzushio as well.

- You talked with her ?!

- She wasn't mad at you ?!