Reconciliation

< I don't own Naruto, I own my OC and I have nothing to add so enjoy ! >

_____

" - Perhaps... Perhaps it's because of Suzuka. Perhaps it's because of Suzuka's presence that Sakura behaves this way.

Asuma turned to look at his teammate, confused.

- What do you mean by that ?

- Suzu once told me she had met Sakura back when they were six and at the time, she felt some sort of understanding toward her because in a way, their situations were similar. I think what troubles Sakura even now is the fact that she knows how she could have grown but instead she remained the way she is. She could have a great, respected and competent kunoichi but she chose to remain a fangirl. She probably thought she was unable to change and convinced herself of it so she hates the person Suzu has become and even more the fact that Suzu was able to grow when she wasn't.

- So that's why her behaviour seems so erratic... She knows she has an issue but she's too scared to confront it.

- I think so... All those kids... At a time, I believed they could get along. I still think they could have. Given enough time and care, they could have grown into a nice team.

- That seems so far in the past now... "

They were brought of their nostalgia by excited barks behind them.

* With Tetsuya and Jin *

" - Could you tell me about Kurama-dono ?

Jin stopped dead in his tracks. Tetsuya grew nervous at the sudden change of demeanour. He barely refrained from taking a step back.
Jin whipped around and glared at the other Uzumaki.

- Why do you want to know ?

Tetsuya seemed to literally shrink upon hearing the question, almost making Jin guilty. Why did that guy suddenly look so self-conscious ?

- Well... My mother never told of the founder of our clan. She taught me our techniques but never our history. I only learned thanks to Tenten-san that Kurama-dono was the founder. So... I-

- It's okay. I understand.

Jin's gaze was completely different now, understanding and soft. He gestured for the other red head to follow him. He resumed their talking with a way softer voice and told his fellow clan member of the story of their clan.
Tetsuya had wide eyes and a delighted expression throughout the whole talk and he was excitedly asking questions, questions that Jin answered to with a large grin on his face.

When they walked out of the labyrinth, they immediately found themselves in front of their check point and they registered there. They then teleported to the Central building side by side, being greeted by Suzuka, Higure, Kakashi and Tenten.

* With Megumi and Shikamaru *

" - Your reputation isn't exaggerated, you are a genius.

Megumi stated this as she held their target in her arms, the fennec being currently asleep. His plan to get it to run in circle so it would tire without getting endangered had worked flawlessly.
Shikamaru was a bit taken aback by her straightforwardness but thanked her anyway.
They exited the labyrinth in silence.
Not an awkward silence but a comfortable, peaceful one.
They registered at their checkpoint and were about to teleport when the Nara heir suddenly asked :