Chapter 6: Where Is Lily:George

When I woke up in the morning Lily was not there. She was not at dinner last night. Where was she?

I got up and walked downstairs. Kingsley, Dad, Ron, Hermione,* Ginny, and my mom were eating breakfast.

"Has anyone seen Lily?" I asked.

"Not since she left after I yelled at her." Ron said.

"Why would you do that, you git?" I asked, slapping him on the head.

"Do not hit your brother!" Mom scolded. 

"I am worried." I said sitting down at the table. Hermione looked at me then glanced off.

"I know me too. She has never not come back from Andromedas. Maybe she stayed the night?" Ginny offered.

Hermione picked at her food. Suddenly a baby's cry rang out. Hermione shot up and out of the room.

"Is that a baby?" Dad asked.

"Hermione!" I said, following after her. I walked after her to find her holding a crying Teddy.

"Hermione." I said. She turned to look at me.

"Yes?" She asked.

"What do you know? And please tell me that is not Teddy. Because if that is Teddy, where is Lily?" I asked, getting frantic.

Hermione said nothing.

"Hermione!" I yelled. "Where is Lily?" I asked.

She sat Teddy down in his pen. She walked out the room. I followed her.

"Hermione, I am not joking, where is Lily?!" I asked.

"Give me a second. I need to get others. Go wait in the war room." She said. I turned and walked down the stairs into the war room.

A few minutes later Kingsley, Hermione and Harry came in.

"What is this about Hermione? And why can't the others be in here?" Harry asked. Clearly not feeling well.

"I know where Lily is." She said,

"Miss. Granger, where is she?" Kingsley asked. Hermione turned and put a silencing charm on the door.

"Last night, while you were all at dinner, I was working on some potions to help Harry. I heard a noise, so I went to find Lily packing." She said.

"Packing, why would she be packing?" I asked.

"Just wait, I asked her what happened. When she looked at me, she looked worried. Her hands were shaking. She told me when she went to see Teddy and Andromeda." Hermione stopped and took a deep breath.

"Hermione please don't tell me that she is dead." Harry said.

"No, she is not, not that I know off anyway. She told me she found Andromeda dead and...Teddy missing." She said, looking at the ground.

"Andromeda is dead?" Kingsley asked. She nodded.

"She also found a note. From you-know-who. It said that he had taken Teddy, she could come get him back, but it would cost something." Hermione said.

"Hermione did she...." I could not bring myself to say the words.

"Yes, she traded herself for Teddy's freedom. And assuming it went alright she made the unbreakable vow to the you-know-who." She said voice breaking.

"No." I said, shaking my head. "No." I said.

"Did she tell you what the vow would be?" Kingsley asked.

"Yes, she said she was going to say that she will be the perfect...death eater, she will never contact anyone from the Order as long as you-know-who or any of his death eaters go after Teddy." Hermione said.

"Why only tell us?" Harry asked.

"She said to tell only who needed to know. She said let everyone else think what they want. All she wanted was for the right people to know the truth about what happened." Hermione said.

"He will probably publish it in all the papers. Lily Black turned." Kingsley said into his hands.

"We have to go get her back." George said. "It is the only way."

"She said not to try to rescue her. It was her choice. She wanted Teddy to be free. She said specifically don't come looking for her. She also said to tell you that she loves you so much and that this had to be done." Hermione said.

"No." George cried falling to his knees.

"George I am so sorry." Hermione said.

"Why did you not try and stop her?!" I yelled at her.

"I did. I really did but she had made up her mind." She shrugged. 

I stood up and walked out of the room. I ran up to Lily's room. Hermione was right. Her picture of her and her dad and Remus was gone. As well as her dad's notes.

It was true. Lily turned to you-know-who.