Chapter 8: First Day: Lily

When I woke up in the morning Pansy was standing at the foot of my bed.

"Good morning." I said.

"You need a new look. This crazy-haired Gryffindor thing is no longer going to work." She said pulling me out of bed. She shoved me into the bathroom.

"From now on you are a Slytherin. Think like one, act like one, be cutthroat. It is the only way to survive." She said brushing my hair.

"Let's try wavy." She said casting a spell. It looked like my regular hair just less curly.

"You want the opposite of my hair?" I asked, she nodded. "Straight." I said. She said a spell and my hair turned straight. She pulled half of it back. It looked vaguely like Narcissa's hair style.

"Better." She said a spell and put on a smokey eye look. "Now outfit." She said, pulling me towards the closet. She waved her wand and suddenly the closet was filled with black outfits.

"We don't always wear death eater robes." She laughed.

"Here." She said pulling out a tank top with a V-keck made of lace. She pulled down black pants and some black wedges. "Black is best. So is dark green but you should do black." She said, She left to let me put it on the cloths. I slipped them on. I looked in the mirror. I looked like a Slytherin.

My eyes drifted to the dark mark on my arm.

"Don't think about it." Draco said suddenly beside me. He slid his hand down over my arm to where it covered my dark mark.

"Draco I don't think I can do this." I said looking at him."You have too. You don't have a choice." He smiled. "Here," he said, handing me a vial. "A numbing poison." I looked at it and drank it. "You just trusted me just like that?" he laughed.

"Yeah." I said.

"You will be ok. I will be there the whole time." He said pulling me in for a hug.

"Thank you." I sighed.

"Let's go." He said handing me a death eater robe. I slipped it on.

We apperated and landed in the drawing-room of a manor I had never been to before.

"It's the dark lord manor." A voice said in my mind. Draco.

"How are you in my mind?" I asked in my head.

"I am occlumens" The voice answered.

"What?" I asked.

"It means I can protect my brain from intrusion. I also found out recently I can use it to talk to people in their heads like I am doing now." The voice answered.

"Oh." I said simply.

"And you have the talent for it too. I had a hard time getting into your mind. You do not even realize it but you know occlumency. I do however suggest you just let the dark lord go through your mind and not fight it. It is much easier. Pick a select few memories you want to protect and protect those. Let him have the rest." The voice suggested.

"Got it." I said.

"Good luck." The voice said then it was gone. I looked up to see we were in front of the dark lord.

"Ah, Miss. Black, you look quite nice." He said.

"Thank you, my lord." I said.

"Draco, step forward." He said. Draco stepped forward.

"I would like you to crocio Miss. Black while I go through her memories and try to find out any information." He said.

"Yes my lord." Draco said. "Crucio!" He called a pain shot through my body. They were right. A numbing potion did help. I quickly pulled a memory forward of sitting at the table with my dad and Remus eating. This continued for I don't know how long until he finally pulled out of my mind.

I felt numb. The pain of what he had done could be felt through my whole body.

My mind felt...violated.