Chapter 23: Join Or Die: Lily

"Lily, I have a new case for you." Voldemort said.

"My lord?" I asked.

"It has come to my attention that the Order has been recruiting Centaurs." Voldemort sighed.

"Would you like me to go kill them?" I asked. Another day another species to kill. Great.

"I would like you to give them an ultimatum." Voldemort said. I raised an eyebrow. "They can join us, or they can die." He said simply.

"Yes my lord. Do they still reside outside the walls of Hogwarts?" I asked. He nodded. "I will be on my way then." I said turning to leave.

I walked out and bumped into Draco.

"Happy birthday." I smiled.

"Thank you. Going somewhere?" He asked.

"Yes, go try and win the centaurs or kill them." I said.

"Will you be back in time?" He asked.

"Yes I will be back in time for your birthday celebration at Malfoy Manor." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Don't-"" Draco said but I cut him off.

"Don't use to much dark energy or you will kill yourself? I know the speech." I sighed.

"I wish I could come with you." He said.

"I don't need a watchdog." I said walking off.

I heard Draco sigh but walk away. I took a deep breath and apperated to the Forbidden Forest. When I landed I grabbed onto a tree. Apperating always made me feel sick.

"Who dares to enter." A voice said.

"Minister Of Magic." I sighed.

"Go." The voice said, lighting up a path.

"Great." I said following the path.

"I did not wear the right outfit for trekking through a forest." I sighed , looking at my heeled shoes.

I had dressed up for Draco's birthday. Not knowing I would be walking through a forest. Finally the path stopped.

"Lumos." I said and a light came out from my wand. I moved it around to see 5 centuars with bows pointed at me.

"This is quite a greeting." I said.

"Why are you here?" One asked.

"I need to talk to your leader." I said.

"No one talks to him." Another one growled. I rolled my eyes.

"Look I really don't have time for this so take me to him or I will kill all of you and save one of you then you can take me to him. Take your pick." I sighed.

"Follow." One said walking away. I followed after him.

We arrived at a cave.

"Ah, Minister, what do I owe the pleasure?" Said Magorian.

"Let's skip the pleasantries. I know you know why I am here." I said.

"You want our allegiance instead of it to the Order?" Magorian said. I smiled. "I wish I could Miss. Black but I have made promises to the Order. You were with the Order once, yes?" He asked.

"A lifetime ago. I am here to tell you that you have two options." I said. He looked at me questioningly.

"You either join us, pledge your loyalty, sign this paper so that if you go back on your word we will know, or watch me kill all your people and save you for last." I said.

"You can't do that." He challenged.

"Surely you know how powerful I am." I said. I held my hand out and summoned a centaur to it. "Crucio." I fired simply and the centaur rolled over in pain.

Magorian flinched.

"I know what I would like you to do but it is up to you." I said.

"What, you want us to join you, so you don't have to kill us?" Magorian said.

"No, I want you to join so that I can make it back in time for my cousin's birthday festivities. If I have to kill all of you, that will take time, plus mess up my outfit." I said.

He nodded and held out his hand for the paper. I put it in his hand and watched him sign it.

"Great." I said grabbing it and walking out of the cave.