Chapter 2: Regroup: Lily

When we landed back at the base I right away called for help.

"Help!" I called. Kingsley and Arthur were there instantly. "He is breathing but barely. I can't lift him. We need to get him help." I said.

Arthur and Kingsley lifted Harry and took him to the makeshift medical wing we had made on one of the floors at Grimmauld place.

Madame Pomfrey was there to help.

"What happened to him?" She asked while running a diagnostic charm.

"I don't know. I could not hear what spell it was. I tried but.." I said but stopped when I noticed my hand spasming.

"Lily? Are you alright, are you hurt?" Pomfrey asked.

"No....no I don't think so. I just...shock." I said walking away. I ran out of the medical wing and into what was my dad's room which I had turned into mine and George's. The nice part of being the owner of the house was that I could have whatever room I wanted. I ran into the bathroom connected to my bedroom. I rushed over to the toilet feeling sick to my stomach.

"Lily?" I heard a voice call. I turned to see George.

"You're alright!" I said getting up and hugging him.

"Yes. I was worried about you." He said, kissing my forehead.

"I left their bodies." I suddenly realized.

"Who?" He asked

"Remus, Tonks, Fred. We left them all." I said starting to cry.

"Shh, it's ok." George said. "Kingsley called a meeting. I overheard." George told me.

"Ok, let's go." I said splashing my face with water.

We walked down the stairs into what was the room with my family tree but had been converted into a war room.

"We have to fight!" I heard someone yell. I could not place the voice. As we got closer, I saw Kingsley, Arthur, McGonagall, Molly, Hermione, Ron, Neville, Luna, Seamus all standing around the table

"Lily, finally you're here." Kingsley said.

"Sorry." I said. I took my spot next to Hermione.

"We need to regroup." Arthur said.

"But you-know-who will be weakened, now is the time to strike!" Ron said. Seamus nodded in agreement.

"That's what I think." Kingsley said.

"That complete idiocy." I said. Everyone looked at me. "I am sorry it is. Yes, he lost people, but we lost more. We went into that battle completely outnumbered. Surely you all realize that. He has Hogwarts, The ministry, The papers, Merlin even Malfoy Manor. If you think we were outnumbered before, we will be heavily outnumbered now." I said.

"Lily, now is the time." Ron said.

"No, that notion is stupid. From the bodies in the great hall I am estimating 50-100 people dead in there. That is not even counting the rest of school which I am betting still had bodies laying around. So, let's say we lost 200 people in that battle. We will say the dark lord lost 100-150.  I mean let's face it, his people were better fighters." I saw some people gasp

"They were. She is right." George said.

"Over the time we have been here I am betting more people who were either on our side or had no preference turned to the dark lord now. So, let's say just guessing the ratio is 2 of his people to 10 of ours. A 2:10 ratio is not good. We go, we will lose again. We need time. We need to regroup. We need Harry. We can't do this without him." I said.

No one said anything.

"So, I guess we vote?" Neville said.

"All in favor of attacking again." Kingsley said. Kingsley, Ron and Seamus raised their hands. "All in favor of waiting and regrouping." Everyone else raised their hands.

"So, we take time. Build back up our numbers, let Harry get better than attack." Arthur said.