Chapter 15: Why?: George

"George, let's go." Seamus said.

"She would not leave." I said.

"George." Ron said. It broke me out of my trance.

"You're ok." I sighed.

"Yes, but we won't be if we stay here for another minute." Ron said. He grabbed my arm and pulled me away.

We appreciated away just in time. When we landed back at the base we walked into the barrier then I collapsed. 

"George." Ron said.

"She would not leave." I cried.

"She is not the same." Ron said.

"Yes she is. She smells the same. She still kissed the same, she is still the same!" I yelled.

"No, she is not. She tortured me on the you-know-who's drawing room floor for two days." Ron said.

"She had to. She is playing a part." I said.

"It did not seem like she was. It seemed like something finally clicked. It's like she was made for that." He said.

"No." I said, shaking my head.

"Yes. Granted she was not as bad a Bellatrix but she still-" he said but I cut him off but tackling him to the ground.

"No, if that's true then why did Malfoy tell me that after torturing you, she went and got sick in the bathroom? She is not made for that." I said, climbing off him and putting my head in my hands.

"You boys better have a good explanation for this." McGonagall's voice said.

"My office now." Kingsley said.

We stood up and walked to Kingsleys office.

"Where were you?" He asked.

"They were rescuing me." Ron said.

"I told you no George!" Kingsley yelled.

"We saved him, did we not?" I asked. "We saved him, we did the mission. You said no one would do it. I found people. I got him back. I-I tried to get her back but failed. She picked darkness over light." I said.

"George." McGonagall said.

"No! Stop saying she is evil, she is not! She is trying to protect Teddy because his mother, father and grandma are dead. And we are doing nothing to help her! We should be helping her! We should have protected Teddy. If we had protected Teddy, then she would still be here." I cried.

"George." Kingsley said.

"This is your fault." I said, slamming my hands onto Kingsley's desk.

"She asked you to move them to the family base a long time ago and you said no!" I yelled.

"Yes, that was a mistake, but we are living with that now!" Kingsley said.

"This is your fault. It's your fault that Lily is a death eater now. It's your fault that the love of my life turned to her cousin instead of me. She left with Malfoy instead of me." I said. "This is your fault." I said leaving the room.

"George!" I heard mom call.

"Leave me alone." I said, going to my room.

When I got there, I paced around the room. I picked up a vase and threw it at the wall.

I fell to the floor and started crying.

"Why." I cried. "Why did you have to be so stubborn?" I cried.