*49*

Everything and everyone was different. Hogwarts changed and it was for the worse. Almost every student that walked these halls thought of the castle as home.

Now it was the opposite.

Dumbledore was gone, he was dead. Snape controlled the school for better or worse, the worst part being Professor Mcgonagall having to sit and watch from the side lines, her school being torn down and broken bit by bit.

She thought of all the memories she'd made over the years of being Deputy Headmistress. The Marauders running around causing mayhem, the fluids between Slytherin and Gryffindor house. She slightly smiled at the memories of James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter bringing laughs and smiles to the other students. (excluding slytherins) Memories of Harry Potter arriving at the school flashed through her mind. Even though it seems she didn't care about them, the Marauders of Slytherin had a special place in her heart. They had it hard, she understood that, and by the end of this war she promised to herself that Lorenzo Berkshire, Mattheo Riddle, Draco Malfoy, and Y/n Malfoy-Riddle would all know that she cared for them and was no matter what proud of the people they've become.

"Professor," a student asked, waving a hand in front of her face. "You were zoning out" they paused. "Headmaster Snape has requested that students and staff go to the great hall"

She smiled down at the young student and nodded "Of course"

THE DAY BEFORE

The four slytherins sat in silence. A particular topic sat in Mattheos' mind. Was he really a Horcrux? Did he really have to die to see his friends happy? He was ready to accept death, to be able to see y/n happy and able to enjoy her life to be away from danger and death.

He was about to speak up when an owl appeared at the window. 'I'll get it, ' he said, getting up. After untying the letter the owl set off again.

A second later Mattheo paused before looking up at the other three curious teens.

"it's from my dad" he paused "He said that it's time"

The four looked at one another with worried expressions.

CURRENT TIME

IN THE ROOM OF REQUIREMENTS

"IT'S HARRY" Neville yelled. A group of students from all the houses crowded around Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

"I should get y/n" Neville said to himself.

Harry overheard and looked his way. " No, she's a traitor, '' he said, his voice laced with venom. Neville looked at him with confusion in his eyes.

"No she's not, she's the one who stood up to the Carrows first. she protected us because she's the "Dark Lord's Daughter" she'd do anything to protect us" Neville spoke gaining confidence by the sentence

Harry thought back to the years they were friends. When she stayed at the Dursleys over the summer. All the times they studied and did homework together by the black lake. These memories are what made up the y/n he knew, not the one who stared at him with terror in her eyes during the events at the astronomy tower. He realized she was doing what she had to do to be able to live and be with the people she loves.

"Okay look i'm sorry Neville, we could get her if we had time but we don't, it's time to win this war" Harry spoke with power.

IN THE GREAT HALL

All the students filed into the great hall, they stood in organized rows waiting for the headmaster.

It didn't take long for him to walk to the front and begin to address them. " Many of you are probably wondering why you've been summoned at this hour" he paused. "It's come to my attention that earlier this evening, Harry Potter was sighted in Hogsmeade" Students whispering to one another cut him off.