Chapter 21

This chapter contains a few moments that may be a little unsettling. These include depression effects, and unnatural occurrences seen in nightmares. The date will be much later on in the chapter. One more thing, this is a long chapter. You have been warned.

Ash was soundly sleeping after another successful date with Coco and Velvet. While he was sleeping, Emerald returned and she soon joined him and slept with him.

Suddenly, a portal opened up and the sound quickly woke the both of them. Ash and Emerald aimed their Keyblades at it. Xedrek walked out and eyed them.

"Xedrek, what's going on?" Ash asked him as they dismissed their Keyblades. Emerald held onto Ash while calming down.

"Ash, your master Lord Arceus wishes to speak with you. It's very critical." Xedrek said as he walked towards them with the portal still opened. Ash and Emerald looked towards a clock. It was midnight.

"Couldn't this wait till morning?" Ash asked. Xedrek shook his head.

"He said that this cannot wait. He just said to me before I spoke to him about it that the time has come for you to claim it." Xedrek informed. Ash had a hunch to where this was going.

"Alright. I'll be back sweetie." Ash said as he got up and went to put his coat on with his pauldron. Emerald quickly hugged him.

"Be careful." She said before she quickly kissed him. Ash smiled before turning around and walked towards the portal with Xedrek close behind. They entered it and it closed.

In the Hall of Origin, two portals emerged and Ash and Xedrek were sitting down on two separate chairs that faced towards Arceus.

"Ash, thank you for coming on such short notice." Arceus said as he looked towards him.

"Of course. I think I know what this is about. The final power source of the X-Blade." Ash said. Arceus nodded. "I assumed as much." Ash said.

"There is a reason for such. Look into the Jewel of Life Chosen One." Arceus said. Ash looked into the green jewel and it began showing him something. It showed a logged house in a forest and a man in a bathroom inside on the floor….with a pocketknife.

"WHAT!?" Ash screamed as he shot up.

"This has become a more serious problem. That is Taiyang Xiao Long, the father of Ruby Rose and Yang Xiao Long. He has entered the third stage of depression. I need you to claim the final power source and use it to find someone that he loves. Specifically…Summer Rose." Arceus explained.

"Summer Rose?" Ash asked.

"The mother of Ruby Rose. After you retrieve the final power source, you must find her. Xedrek is searching for another that is important to Taiyang. Raven Branwen." Arceus said. Ash nodded before standing up and summoning Divine Elemental.

"I'll leave immediately for Pomace Mountain." Ash said before creating a portal.

"Go!" Arceus yelled and Ash ran through it. Arceus looked towards Xedrek. "Xedrek, you know where to start and I want you to convince her to return to him. I will overlook any nicks, scratches, bruises and broken bones. Just ensure that she remains alive and to be convinced to go back to Taiyang. This man is more important for the upcoming conflict." Arceus informed him.