Chapter 40

Ash and Blake followed Kali into the Belladonna Manor. Ash dismissed the X-Blade as they entered the dining room where Kali poured them some tea.

"Mom, is dad here?" Blake asked after she took a sip.

"He'll be home soon. He's doing his duties as chieftain you know. So Ash, what do you think of this place so far?" Kali asked.

"I'll admit this is a very nice place. But I don't feel like I should be here because aren't I intruding?" He asked before he took a sip of tea.

"Ash, I invited you here. As long as you're under our jurisdiction and you do as we say here, you'll be fine. And besides, mom and dad have been waiting to meet you." Blake said.

"Yeah, maybe you're right." Ash said as he looked outside a window.

Blake looked at him with a bit of concern. Just then, Kali tapped on her shoulder.

"I like him." Kali said with a tease.

"Mom!" Blake whispered shouted at her in embarrassment.

"Kali! I'm home!" A man's voice yelled out.

"Where're in the dining room." Kali called out.

Ash and Blake saw a large man that looked like a true ruler. He gasped a bit seeing Blake.

"Blake? You're here?" He asked as he approached him.

Blake ears drooped as she slowly got up. She was looking away a bit in shame.

"Hi…dad." Blake said. Her father hugged her, which caused Blake to gasp a bit in shock.

Ash then went over to Kali and sat by her.

"That's her father and the chieftain?" He asked her.

"Indeed. His name is Ghira Belladonna, the former High Leader of the White Fang and the ruler of Kuo Kuana." Kali explained.

"I knew that Blake was once a member of the White Fang, and she left it. But…why is she scared?" Ash asked.

Kali took a look at her. She then noticed that her ears were already down.

"I guess she fears that we are ashamed of her. We are actually overwhelmed that she left. It took great strength to do it. That's my baby girl after all." Kali said.

Blake's ears twitched as she heard what Kali said. She pulled away and looked at Ghira.

"You and mom aren't mad at me?" She asked him.

"Of course not honey. The only real thing I feared was that you were going down the pathway that would cause you to never turn back throughout your time in the White Fang. When High Leader Kahn told us that you left, I was relieved that you were going to make the better choices. I'm very proud of you Blake." Ghira explained.

Blake began shedding tears from knowing that her parents were never ashamed of her.

"Thank you dad." She said while hugging her father tighter. Kali got up and joined the hug.