Chapter 31

Ash was going through the festival grounds while making his way towards one of Beacon's towers by himself with so much on his mind. He looked towards the sunset and knew that once the sun has disappeared, the match against his arch enemy, Max Maple, would commence.

As he walked by several people, some noticed him, but was showing some concern for him since he was not being himself. He was serious, and angered. It was almost like his happiness was taken from him. Then again, he didn't want to face Cinder. But, a vote is a vote, and beggars can't be choosers.

And to make things worse, none of his girlfriends, or his mother was there to comfort him.

By the time he reached one of Beacon's towers, he just looked down at the festival. He clenched his fists together as pressure was getting to him.

He then screamed as he unleashed his anger and his aura erupted out of him. The aura was bright red, and it looked like he was on fire.

Back on the grounds, people felt a small rumble on the ground and saw Ash's aura exploding out of him from his rage. This did not go unnoticed by all of his friends that he made, including Team STRQ.

"ASH!?" Blake screamed with fright.

Last time she saw him this angry was when he overheard her talking to Yang about how she would've taken down Torchwick herself, even meaning having to break his heart. She was having a major déjà vu right now.

"We have to get to him before he does something he's going to regret." Ruby said.

"Wait! I know how to get to him quicker." Yang said before summoning Hydra's Fire. She closed her eyes and thought about Ash. After a moment of concentrating, she fired a beam and created a portal. "Come on, follow me." She said. All of them ran through the portal with Team STRQ close behind.

Upon arriving at the tower, they saw Ash growling as his eyes glowed bright red, and his aura was red.

"ASHY!" Velvet screamed and ran to him. She held him while placing her face onto his back. "Please, calm down!" Velvet yelled while trying to get through to him.

"Come on Ash! Don't be like this. You're channeling too much negativity. Think of the Grimm!" Summer yelled.

Just then, Ash gasped and the aura quickly vanished and his eyes stopped glowing.

"Thank goodness." Velvet said while holding him tighter. Neo ran to him and held his other side.

"Ash, what's gotten into you? You haven't been yourself since the end of the final round." Coco said.

"It's who he's facing." Delia said. Everyone, except for Ash, turned towards her. "Max Maple was the one that led all those traitors that caused his disappearance all those years ago. He almost killed him." She continued.

"Why would they do this?" Emerald asked.

"I overheard that they all believed that his dream was more important than theirs. I know my son all too well to know that those are nothing but lies. His dreams are just as big as theirs." Delia answered.

"Shadow Pokémon…" Ash was whispering.

"Ash?" Blake asked.

"Negativity…the people and the Pokémon…no…NO!" Ash was yelling before something hit him.

"Calm yourself Ash!" Qrow said.

"DAMMIT! Now I know why they brought the Shadow Pokémon here!" Ash was yelling in anger.

"Ow my ears." Blake whispered while covering her cat ears while Velvet folded her bunny ears.

"What are you talking about Ash?" Raven asked.