Chapter 3. The Night Horizon

For more chapters, check my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=51077809&fan_landing=true

Discord: https://www.discord.gg/FsuuhNg8

+

+

+

I have been walking for who knows how long, only seeing grass and this wall.

It was a truly fascinating construct, I couldn't see any bricks or other marks of construction, it was just a big mass of stone.

Is this a natural occurrence in this world? How do they form? Was it modified in some way? How did people figure out the usage for this thing? Is it even stone?

Questions started to bombard my mind, mysteries that I definitely intended to figure out. After I find a place to sleep.

Wait, am I even able to sleep? I am a pile of bones; I don't even have eyelids. Do I go into hibernation? Not knowing anything about this body of mine was so frustrating.

I hit the wall next to me in anger, my fist turning intangible, going through the wall and the gloves, which fell on the ground.

At least this answers a question. I can't go through objects while carrying other things.

Still angry, I put the glow back on and continued walking, trying not to overthink my situation.

...I need to read the books that I brought with me. For that, I need a place which at least possesses that much space. It also needs to be hidden, since it would be preferable for me to hide my physics as long as possible, or until I figure out how to turn myself back into a human.

Is that even- no, don't think about it. Just don't. I will turn back into a human.

After possible miles of walking, I finally found something.

It was a huge gate, made from wood and iron, with several guards standing in front of it, who didn't seem to notice me.

Right, I will try entering through here since I can't find any other entrance. Still, I want to test out something.

I quickly took off my clothes and put them into the bag, which I left at the side of the wall.

Feeling really embarrassed, I walked towards the knights, ready to run at any second.

10 Meters.

6meters

5.

4. 3. 2. 1!

...

...

...

Nothing.

The guards looked past me, bored and uninterested.

I waved my hand before the face of the nearest one, the guy didn't even flinch.

So, as I suspected, I am invisible. That's quite handy.

I ran back to my bag and slowly so that no one noticed it, I started to drag it on the ground.

It took me a solid hour to get into the city, with the tunnel, which was drilled through the wall, to enter the city.

As I expected this was a city, with houses built in medieval architecture style, although their sizes were much bigger than those I ever saw, probably reaching 10 levels.

People here wore old, uncomfortable-looking clothing, some even lacking shoes or shirts.

Welcome to the medieval ages. Technology level: 0