Side Story. 5

Check Patreon for more chapters: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=51077809&fan_landing=true

Discord: discord.gg/krr2hTX9PD

+

+

+

"Is everyone ready?"

The group of refugees behind me whispered between each other. They have bags prepared for the trip.

Even the priests and nuns have prepared, carrying scepters for which they are still praying, continuously maintaining the barrier around us, albeit it shrunk considerably.

"We are ready!"

Patrick ran next to me, a big bag on his back, probably filled with provisions.

"Alright! At my signal, follow me!"

I pushed the doors of the church open and excited, holding the book open.

The scenery changed a little.

With the barrier becoming smaller, the mold grew closer to the building and the scenery from before had disappeared returning to the wasteland that it was.

" Okay, here I – Hmm?"

In the distance, something was approaching us.

Something in vast numbers...

"EVERYONE BACK!"

I ran back and slammed the doors shut.

Soon, I heard the sound of small bodies hitting the wood, trying to breach in.

"Patrick, use your power to seal the door. Priests back to the altars! Guards pro-"

Before I could finish my sentence, the windows of the church exploded as a veritable swarm of small flying creatures flooded the room.

"PATRICK!"

The familiar purple barrier surrounded us, stopping the assailants in midair.

These things were really disgusting, nothing but mouths filled with teeth, which had a pair of bat wings attached to them.

"Cursed Sword Technique: Purple Rage!"

Turning my broken sword into a literal whip made from flames, I destroyed all of them.

"I am going out! When they aren't watching, escort the refugees away!"

"Wait! Eliza-"

I didn't wait for his protests, I leaped through one of the broken windows.

The entire sky was filled with these creatures, shrieking with high-pitched voices.

"KING! You finally showed up."

Standing on top of one of the houses, the black knight general was clapping his hands.

"I raised my sword over my head and spoke in a loud voice.

"Today is the end! I shall eradicate the blight that you are!"

"Blight? BLIGHT! How dare you! We are KAYERI, the chosen race of our father! You shall pay for this afront! Kill that bitch!"

The flying monsters flew towards me, converging into a tornado of teeth and wings.

"This only makes it easier to kill you! Cursed Flame Blade!"

Using the proximity they had between each other, I set the whole thing in flames, burning every single one of them.

"This is to eas-"