Chapter 34. New Allies.

Allow me to be a little selfish, and ask you all to boost this chapter a little. It didn't receive any bad ratings or reviews, it just has been slowly being pushed down, less and less people are seeing it.

Discord: discord.gg/krr2hTX9PD

+

+

+

Why the fuck am I doing this?! I should be packing up my things and running to the unfinished statement in the mountains, caving in the passage behind me.

Still, listening to this creature might provide me with some useful information.

Let's act cool and see where this will bring me.

The queen ant and I were facing each other, as our servants brought us a table between the two of us.

Moving the chair a little, I positioned it so that I could talk with her at the same height.

"I am not very versed in the art of negotiation, mind if we don't hit around the bush?"

"No. Never been a speaker. I would prefer this."

As I could tell, she was uncomfortable, as she was crossing her arms.

"Then please tell me in detail about the demons which are coming out from the ground."

The woman on top of the monster's head scratched its cheek.

"They are climbing. Already destroyed several deep colonies. The abyss is in chaos. Sleeping monsters are awakening. Danger is coming."

"...Where is this abyss you keep mentioning?"

"Layer. Earth has several layers. Surface, humans, elves, dwarfs. Underworld, ants, dungeons, kayeri. Abyss, demons, and old monsters. Dangerous. Too dangerous."

Does she mean that the earth has two underground biomes? I need to gather more intel about this.

"Why would these demons and old monsters be moving now? What changed?"

She looked panicked as her mandibles clicked together.

"Change is happening. The ground is crying blood. The sky is turning red with anger. Soltis of the end is coming."

"Soltis of the end?"

The ants around us shattered, becoming agitated.

"Legend. Every thousand-year it happens. Monsters will appear, then, to fight with each other. Blood will rain."

Delightful. This is exactly the fuck I needed! I defiantly need to move right -Wait, this is an opportunity!

"...I am...We are building a hidden bunker, deep in the mountains. Off the grid, hidden from anyone. If you wish, you may join us if you accept our conditions naturally."

"...What are the conditions?"

"Basic things of course. We will work hand in hand, building our respective living areas and sheared sections. We will share resources and information. If you hunt for us for example, we can turn them into Wields, deformed animals that you saw before. In exchange, we can forge your armor and make buildings."

"Ants don't need armor. Nor building."

"You said yourself, the world is changing. Maybe it is time for you to do that."

"...We are able to build. We are able to collect. Why would we join you there? Why would we move?"

"Well, there are multiple reasons. The first one is that there is an entire monster kingdom over our heads, itching to kill anything which they can get their heads on."