Chapter 13. I am a father?!

Check Patreon for more chapters: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=51077809&fan_landing=true

Discord: https://discord.gg/krr2hTX9PD

+

+

+

In a dark hotel room, the elf and his comrades were staring at a crystal ball, which was sitting on a cushion floating 1 meter above the floor.

The sphere suddenly lit up in a blue light and a distorted voice could be heard coming from it.

"What did you learn?"

The people in the room bowed down before the orb, holding their heads down. The bravest of them, the werecat spoke in a firm and respectful voice.

"Our king, we have done as you ask us to do. We gathered all the intel we could about the city and its inhabitants. As expected, they are greatly weakened by the sudden appearance of the plague. If we act now, we can take over this city with half of the army."

"Perfect. And the target?"

"He is... strange. He immediately discovered our identities, yet he wasn't fazed by us. Also, the level 30 ninja we sent after him, lost him as if he teleported or turned invisible for a second."

"So, my wife's prophecy didn't lie. He does possess special powers from which our kingdom could surely use. Try to persuade him to join us. If it doesn't work, bring him here and I will do the talking."

"As you wish my king."

*****

Angela POV:

"Phew, I needed this!"

After taking a good bath I sat on my bed, thinking.

The spread of the infection is becoming worse. More and more people are getting infected, and we can't make enough suppressants for everybody. We need to think about a method to contain this before it becomes worse.

Some members of the holy congress are even planning to set the infected on fire in hope of stopping the spread, not caring about if the sick is a noble or a citizen. If this would happen, then almost half of the city would be engulfed in flames.

"I must prevent this from happening no matter what.

'-fa-'

"Who said that?!"

Hearing the strange voice, I jumped on my feet, channeling mana in all my body.

'-Father. We...found...you...'

As I heard the voice again, a sudden headache hit me as if my skull was about to split in two.

Somehow, I ended up kneeling before my full-length mirror, allowing me to see that horror that was happening to me.

He green rashes have started to spread, now reaching my stomach and the upper arms.

My already infected eye now completely become infected by the mold and it seemed like it got lit on a green fire.

As I tried not to scream, images started to pour into my head.

A cabin in the middle of a street...a flight of stairs... an underground village...a shack filled with strange things... and a tall man smiling like an idiot as it was covering something in mold.

"The Father... he is there. I need to find him! He must know how to stop the spread of the disease! I must go immediately!"

[You are now connected to the hive.]