Side Story. 4

Check Patreon for more chapters:

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=51077809&fan_landing=true

Discord: discord.gg/krr2hTX9PD

+

+

+

King POV:

Fighting through a horde of monsters we finally arrived at the church.

As I remembered, the building was intact from the forces of the mold.

In a ten-meter radius around the building was a glowing line, which actively burned the mold, in such a way that it didn't release smoke or anything.

Next to the walls of the church were raggedly made tents that were occupied by guards and refugees.

When we stepped over the barrier, I felt a warm feeling pass through my body, easing the constant pain I felt in my arm.

I pushed the heavy doors open and let the people enter.

The inside was filled with refugees.

Families torn apart by the events.

"There is some space in the back. You can put your things there and the sisters will give you food...Probably."

The refugees walked past us, mixing with the others.

As I was watching it, Patrick took out a piece of bread and stuffed it into its mouth, eating the whole thing in two bites.

"You should also rest. You have been fighting all day, it would be bad for our king to collapse from exhaustion."

"You're the one to talk to. Weren't you the one who told me that using your power drains you quite much?"

"That was before... I mean, with me using it all the time, I am starting to get that hang on it."

"...If you say so."

The king walked deeper into the church going to the elevated platform which was floating above the ground.

On it, several sisters and priests were kneeling before an altar on which a statue of a woman was seen.

As they prayed, the statue was shining faintly, maintaining the barrier.

"Sigh, at least this thing won't change. These guys will keep praying even when the world ends."

I sat down in the corner where there was no one and took the book into my hands.

The thing gave me a warm feeling as it was welcoming me.

This thing has been with me since the catastrophe. I took it near the cocoons which I had no time to destroy before I could escape.

Somehow it has been bringing me warmth.

I hugged the book close to my chest and closed my eyes, prepared for what was going to happen.

Ever since the attack, I had the same dream, each time, getting a little more detail from it.

Yet, again, when the dream started, I was laying on the ground, the sky above my head dotted with stars that were shining brightly.

My body moving on its own, sitting up looking at the scene before me.

I was on a cliff, atop of a mountain covered with snow.

The scenery was beautiful, with the clouds slowly flying a few meters under me as if it was water.

Before me, like an island, a mountain was piercing the sky.

I saw things many times, but this piece of giant rock took my breath each time.