Chapter 43 The Tournament Starts (part 1)

Discord: discord.gg/krr2hTX9PD

+

+

*

When the daylight finally came, all the participants of the tournament gathered in the middle of the colosseum. There were more than a thousand of them, some participants looked nervous, tightly holding onto their weapons while others stood nonchalantly, waiting for the games to start.

Surrounding them, the spectators were cheering for the participants, as if this were a sports event and not a fight to the death event.

In the middle of this gathering of these mighty warriors were the king and the elven princess standing on top of a floating white marble platform.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I declare that the first tournament of our kingdom shall commence! The first part will consist of a battle royal! You will be transported to a separate dimension in which you will fight till only one of you remains. Killing your opponent is forbidden and you will be immediately transported to the infirmary when you are defeated. Aside from this, there are no other rules! Now go and bring us honor!"

Snapping his fingers, the competitors disappeared from sight and several floating monitors appeared before each spectator, displaying the different areas of the dimension.

The place where the warriors arrived looked like a jungle with ancient ruins peeking out from the ocean of trees.

The second, the warriors arrived, they jumped on each other to thin out their numbers. Some ganged up on the most dangerous ones while others decided that it would be more profitable to work alone.

Appearing in a small clearing was a tall brown hooded figure standing immobile, with its insectoid legs sticking out from his robe.

"Let's start with the preparations."

Phil lifted his book up and started to read aloud a prayer while he simultaneously activated his [Mold Field] skill.

"Mother Nature, Shaker of Earth, hear my prayer and grow my garden. Plant growth!"

As a green glow started to be emitted from his book, the field of white flowers quickly took over the vegetation surrounding him.

"Magic Prayer: Garden of Nergal."

Once there was nothing more around him than the flowers, he slammed his book shut and exhaled a thick cloud of black smoke, releasing several disfigured wilds.

"Go and attack. If it's an animal, kill it and bring it here. If it is not, just put it near death."

The monster roared and ran into the woods, leaving their masters alone.

"Now then, let's get this show on the road."

Phil inhaled deeply and as he exhaled, an ever-denser cloud of black smoke escaped his mouth., teaming with unimaginable things.

"Who knows how long this game will last, it's time to prepare for a long day."

As more smoke escaped from his mouth, he started to pray again.

"Winds of the sky hear the words of a small sinner who begs for your audience. Guide my voice to your ears so that it may reason in your mind and may your glory be spread through the world of mortals.-

*****

Random elven warriors POV:

"AAAAAa!"

The elf parried the strike of his adversary and kicked him in the guts making him fall forward, losing consciousness in the process.