Chapter 15. Worse. Interview. Ever.

Check Patreon for more chapters: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=51077809&fan_landing=true

Discord: https://discord.gg/krr2hTX9PD

+

+

+

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck!

"What the hell have I done?!"

I just killed her! I killed a person! I killed...what's her name!

Finally realizing what I have done, I ran to her before stopping.

"The rats! I need to stop them before they spread the spores! Hive Control!"

When the screens appeared before me, I quickly called the rats back.

"It's too late. They have already spread so far away; they definitely infected several people already. Damn it, what was I thinking."

The whole rat thing was a bluff! I planned to use them to buy myself some time to escape. I didn't mean to actually use them to spread an epidemic! I was confused and angry, I didn't mean it!

I sat down on the floor, trying to think this thing through.

"I-I need to hide the body. I could absorb it, but I want to give it back to their family. Yes, giving her back would be the best choice. Wait, the system said that it became a minion. Does that mean that I am able to control her? Hive Control!"

The familiar screen reappeared and I checked it again.

"No point. It must be a bug. I will give her back. As for the infected...I have no choice, I need to give them the antidote, even if I can't stay here afterward. But where do I go? ...Sigh, damn it this is going to be assured."

I got up, walked to the body, and placed my hands on her chest.

"Hive Absorption."

Like the monsters, the black smoke came out from my mouth, enveloped her, and returned to me, leaving no trace behind.

[New strain of mold has been successfully integrated into the body.]

[Now plant[Calmed Wind Flower(fungi)] will automatically appear on newly infected individuals.]

"How great. My mold now has flowers growing on it. How is it even possible, molds don't pollinate? Bah, fantasy world, fantasy rules. Not important."

Once I absorbed the newly arrived rats, I got up on my feet and started walking.

"I still have one bottle of antidote on me. If there is a machine that can tell people what their skills are, then there must be one that can dissect a potion into its ingredients! I only need to give the ampoule to the knights and have them work this out! But I don't know where the knights' headquarters are...The Guild! If I leave it there, they can surely pass it through for me! Also, I need to get some new clothes, moving around with only my pants on is embarrassing. I wonder if that store is still open."

*****

Receptionist POV:

" I am telling you! He was tall and scary!"

"Sure, sure. And he was moving faster than you could see. Now, continue working, this epidemic is really putting a strain on our guild."

Everything we do puts a strain on us.

Thinking about soon resigning, she took the request for magical plants and started to sort them by type.

With the epidemic, several healers and doctors are trying to concoct the antidote, using different plants, making the number of gathering quests skyrocket.