Chapter 33. Betrayals before peace.

The discord events end on March 31. 

Discord: discord.gg/krr2hTX9PD

+

+

+

I have been waiting for FIVE HOURS for this drunkard to show up!

Sitting in that dirty room alone, reading only the pornography I could find on the floor. Some were good but being a Kan-doll does ruin an experience.

At least I managed to find something useful while I was waiting.

Notes, schematics, and blueprints for various golems and weapons.

What interested me the most was the plans which were stored in a wooden chest, at the leg of his bed, which should be cremated in my opinion.

The plans were exactly the things I needed.

Artificial limbs for living beings.

With my skill [Steam Engineering]. I had some grasp on how they functioned and the problems they had.

Some had no joints, some had energy problems, while others weren't compatible with human anatomy.

Keyword: human. Maybe by tinkering with them a little, I can apply them to myself.

Why would I just heal my leg when I upgrade it to an insane level?

I took the entire stock and hid it in my coat, just in time to hear the front door opening.

turning invisible and intangible.

Trying not to make any noise, I passed through the front arriving at the dirty kitchen, then moving to the living room. I sat down on one of the least dirty chairs and waited.

Stumbling in here was the most pathetic creature I ever saw in my life.

Small, fat, almost round, this old man had white hair and a cattail with two small horns protruding out from his head.

With one of his comically big hands, it dragged a bottle on the ground.

"Who da 'uck are ya?"

Getting annoyed already.

"Hello. I am Phil Smith, alchemist, and doctor of the king, as well as the leader of the kayeri. I came here to request your talent for golem making."

The old man slowly walked to the opposite side of the table and sat facing me.

"Is tha' so? Wha' do ya want?"

As he drank some more, I coughed and tried to sound as professional as possible.

"I heard from certain people in my entourage that you are a man of talent in building golems. You see I have a certain problem which requires your experience."

"...Don' hit around the bush! Tell me the damn thin'!"

"...Recently, I lost one of my legs. With some... magic, I managed to regain my flesh and skin, but there are no bones in it. I was wondering if a man as gre-"

"No."

I was out of words for a moment, but I quickly composed myself.

"May I know why you are rejecting my offer?"

"I don't like you."

The drunkard sipped from his bottle then pointed at me., speaking more fluently than before.

"I can smell it on you. You are a schemer, a liar, a troublemaker. A person who would drag others into hell just so he would escape from it. I have no business with people like you."