Chapter 37. One thing after the other.

This chapter's sponsor is covid medication, quarantine, and my newest game: Skyrim. Makes you feel less shit than you actually are.

Oh, and the event ended. No more fanmade characters allowed

 Discord: discord.gg/krr2hTX9PD

+

+

+

Patrick POV:

"What is happening?"

The space around me was slightly purple with the monster floating in it.

As my body moved, it felt as if I was encased in gelatin, but I had no trouble breathing.

While I tried to figure out what was happening, the shivering feeling returned, followed by the purple dome, slowly dispersing before my eyes and the monster slowly falling at me.

Panicked, I slashed its torso, which somehow cut the thing in half, its black blood spilling out in slow motion.

Not wanting to be covered in gore, I backed away from the edge of the barrier, and once my foot passed its edge it vanished into thin air, finally letting the monster fall to the ground.

The creature shrieked as from the two halves of its bodies grew several wine-like tentacles, flying in the air madly.

"H-How is that thing even alive?!"

As if answering my question, the monster turned towards me and started dragging itself towards me with its blades.

"Shit, shit, shit!"

For some reason, I wasn't able to move quite as well.

Panicked, I fell on my behind, I tried to get away from that thing as fast as I could.

"Augh!"

Stab!

From the sky, someone fell down, stabbing two white spear-like things into the back of the monster.

"The fuck is you two doing?!"

It was a tall, wolf-headed man, with white-gray fur and wearing brown leather armor.

"Who are you?"

"Me? Who the fuck are you? And what the hell is this thing?"

The monster under its feet kept on screaming before something happened.

From the points from which the spears entered its body, a white foam-looking thing started to spread out. The monster kept on screaming and screaming, trying to run away but the spears kept it in place.

It only stopped when the white stuff completely covered its body and slowly dissolved before my eyes.

[Combat Finished]

[450 EXP Received]

[Level 9 reached]

[Congratulations]

[You witnessed the first murder of a kayeri]

[You are one of the first who learned the weakness of the kayeri.]

[Alert.]

[The Father of kayeri has noticed you and it's angry.]

When the letters in my head disappeared, the ground underneath our feet started to shake, as something started to dig itself underneath from the ground.

"We need to go!"

"What about Miranda?"

"What? Where is she?"