Side Story 3.

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=51077809&fan_landing=true

Discord: discord.gg/krr2hTX9PD

+

+

+

King POV:

"Come at me!"

Swinging my broken sword, while applying my cursed flames on it, I drew an arc around me setting these monsters around, but these things didn't stop and were coming in greater numbers, trampling, or adding their fallen comrades to their masses.

"This is nothing!"

Pushing ever more mana into my weapon. I released even more purple flames and made a downward slash,

Practically burning each of those fuckers into charcoal.

Once the flames settled and the smoke dispersed, the ash could be seen covering the ground.

"That's that. "

I sat down on the ground to take a breather.

As I drank a mouthful of potion, I looked at the sorry state the buildings surrounding me were.

Most of them were entirely covered by the blackish mold or flowers, only preserving their outlines. Going inside of them was nothing more than suicide, the concentration of spores in them could easily kill someone, even if that guy drank a mouthful of the cure.

No, not cure. Suppressant.

We quickly learned that the shots that the bastard gave us didn't work entirely, it just kept the infection at bay. After a certain amount of spores entered someone's body, they would die and turn like anyone else. The stabs were only good for us to keep breathing the air and move through the flowers, but we needed to take the injections daily.

Luckily for us, almost everyone took their injections and if the monsters didn't kill them, then we managed to save most of them, forming a sort of survivors group.

At first, I wanted to have our group live in the castle but that was before I learned the truth.

Somehow, that bastard turned my castle into a monster.

The walls and the ceiling peeled off the moment we entered, showing greenish flesh which grew tentacles topped with harpoon-like bones.

That day we lost half of our people. I had to set my castle ablaze, but at the point we were, I could easily believe that the thing was still alive, slowly healing.

The memory still brought tears to my eyes, seeing the home I cherished turn into something like that rather than burning it with my own hands.

Right now, our safe house was located at the church where the sisters of Echidna erected a brier to keep the mold away, making it the only uninfected area of the city.

Still, our supplies were running out, as the food in the city was completely destroyed by the mold and the reserves of the church were limited, only lasting for another week if we don't increase our numbers.

Some poor fools in their desperation tried to eat the flowers or the monsters. They died in sufferance as the infection turned from the inside.

"Ouch!"

I looked down at my left arm, seeing another flower burst out from my skin, its petals stained with my blood.

For some reason, even though I was infected with the stuff, my transformation into one of those things was slow and painful.

Maybe it was made so by that bastard, a gift to remember him by.

"Shit, it's getting worse. I need to get ba-"