Chapter 35. Birds of a feather

Wanted to put this here for a while. Here is the mythology of kayeri: https://abookofcreatures.com/2015/05/01/kayeri/

Also, there are two weeks left from the event. If you want to have your character in the story, then I recommend doing it now.

Discord: discord.gg/krr2hTX9PD

+

+

+

In the underground prison of the monster kingdom, several prisoners were sitting in the dark, waiting for their fate.

They were all criminals, committing various crimes, but their verdicts were the same: to be killed by one of the royal members, giving them their exp.

It was a fate commune and at the same time hidden from the public.

Keeping the people dark from these kinds of things would surely cause panic, shaking the power of the king and his family.

One of the guards walked before a cell and hit its bars, waking up the poor fellow behind them.

"No sleeping!"

The other guards who were playing cards smeared, used to this already.

In a cell, a young boy was holding a raged doll made from dirty clothes was sobbing in silence, afraid to be hit again.

Hos only crime was stealing an apple, but he was also sentenced to death.

This was the dark secret of this kingdom. Here those who aren't strong or noble, are nothing more than bags of exp, only waiting to be harvested.

Rumble!

"What was that?"

From one of the empty cells, the sound of stones falling could be heard, followed by several footsteps.

As the door opened several black knights walked out from it, each looking sinister.

One of the guards approached them, his sword held in its hands.

"Hey, who-"

"Sorry. I will be quick."

Before the guards could respond, one of the knights disappeared from their sights, only to show up behind them, its knives dripping with blood.

One by one, they fell, the back of their necks cut spraying blood everywhere.

The knight turned to his comrades who kept silent and motionless.

"As we talked about, team one kill the guards swiftly. Team two, seal the exists with earth magic, we don,t want any reinforcements here."

Once each knight left, the one who gave the orders turned to the silent prisoners, who couldn't process what just happened.

It wasn't what the knight just did but the air was released.

It was the air of something above them as if they were mikes looking upon an elephant, they weren't at the same level.

The same thing they felt when they faced the king.

"I am terribly sorry for this gruesome display. Allow me to present myself."

Its helmet made a hissing noise and it slowly opened as if it was the mouth of a vicious giant insect, showing the fine green face of a man.

"My name is Phil Smith, and like you lot, I have a bone to pick with the king."

Hearing this, several prisoners approached the edge of their cell, to better see this figure.

"Aren't you tired of living under the rules of this whimsical king and its inbred children? I mean, I read into some of your charges, and I have to say you guys are in quite a pickle.