Chapter 41. Musical feast

Okay, this chapter contains song lyrics that I wrote myself, you can call them originals. If you like them, tell me and I might make more of them.

Discord: discord.gg/krr2hTX9PD

+

+

+

With the sound of trumpets and drums, the doors to the throne rooms opened, allowing in the parade of guests.

On the two sides, the well-dressed monster was waiting behind a line of colorful armors, holding different types of weapons.

As the guests entered, the people could see that they were all dressed in brown skintight leather armors and covered their heads with purple scarfs.

In the middle of the wave of exotic warriors, two women were carried by a pedestal, both of them dressed in exquisite dresses.

When the group reached the few stairs leading to the king who was sitting in a golden robe, his children and wives lining up next to him.

Slowly the platform was put down, letting the princesses get down from it and bow.

" We are here, great the king! We are the princesses of the Dark elves of the Scorched Desserts!"

"We were waiting for you. I am so happy to see you all arriving without any problem! I know the gurney must have been long and hard."

Several elves coughed, but nobody said a word, remembering the number of monsters they had to dispose of.

The elven royalties just smiled and responded with kindness.

"It was a pleasant journey; we saw such a beautiful sight! Your kingdom is in a quiet lovely place."

"Yes, it's my pride and joy, something that I wouldn't exchange for anything."

In the audience, a tall figure snorted loud enough that everyone could hear it.

"Well then, shall we proceed to the feast?"

*****

I hate this.

After the two parties exchanged pleasantries, we went to the dining halls where a literal feast was held.

The atmosphere was pleasant with music and the tables were filled with food.

As for me, I was standing behind one of the pillars.

As I was coming here, I had enough time for me to put on the brown cape to hide myself.

Next to me, one of my black knights was keeping me company while the other one was gathering my food.

Once I have it, I will infect some of the guests here and go home.

There was no point in me being here, why did the king drag me up here? I just can't understand how his mind works.

"...Ah."

"Hmmm?"

I looked down, seeing something hiding the pillar I was laying next to.

It was not really looking down, rather tilting my body, but it worked.

It was a kid, wearing the same leather clothes the other elves wore, complete with the purple scarf hiding its face.

"What do you want, little one? Where are your parents?"

The kid shrieked, as he hid behind the pillars, only to look out again

Sigh, kids.

Smiling, I opened one of the organic pouches located on my body and emptied its content.

From the hood of my robe, a swarm of bioluminescent insects flew out, buzzing around my head.