Chapter 19. Steamed Knowledge

Check Patreon for more chapters: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=51077809&fan_landing=true

Discord: https://discord.gg/krr2hTX9PD

+

+

+

They say that at the moment of death, your life flashes before your eyes. All things, bad, good, your regrets, your hopes, everything.

Well, what I saw was something like that, with the world.

From the bookstore, I was in a forest, then I appeared in a tundra, a desert, then I was underwater, I think, until the spinning stopped, and I was in the middle of a street.

[Dimensional drift complete]

[User compatibility with world: 56%]

[Time till return: 90 minutes]

[Warning]

[All status-related skills and abilities are unusable in this world]

[All possessed objects are set as body parts]

"UUUUUUGGGhhhhhh!"

After vomiting out my lunch, I looked around.

"What. The. Fuck."

First of all, it was night, the moon shining brightly over my head.

The buildings surrounding me looked quite modern compared to where I was before, reminding me of the architecture they used in the 18th century. Even the lamps were made from what I could tell from iron and were probably illuminated with gas.

In the distance, I could hear various noises and people walking.

"Okay, new world. Let's see what you have to offer. But first."

I concentrated, but I felt nothing.

"Wait, the voice said that my status-based powers don't work. That means that the pendant is also out of order. I am back into permanent invisibility and silence. At least I can talk now... This is actually good for me. I can be an observer. This world must have knowledge that I can use back there. Medical and otherwise."

In case they could still see my clothes, I put on the special thing I ordered.

It was a mask, made from an old bag, with a smiling face sewed onto it with two crosses for eyes.

I guessed that if I had to hide my face, then at least I should make it creepy. It even had a little tie that looked like a hanged man's cord.

Once on, I looked fabulous.

Let's see what this city holds for me.

As I walked to what I saw as the main road, I saw something incredible.

People, dressed in old-timey clothes, walking around on the sidewalk as horse-drawn carriages passed by them.

What caught my eyes was the metallic robots.

Colossus of golden metal, carrying crates, metallic horses blowing steam as they pulled heavy carriages.

In the night sky, literal zeppelins flew silently, shining reflectors down on us.

"This is amazing."

It seemed like; I was completely invisible since even after waving my hand before people's faces, they didn't seem to react.

"Good. This means that I can do this easier."

First, I need to see what is normal here. For that, I need to observe one's household. So, excuse me.