Chapter 26. Hive

For more chapters, check my Patreon:

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=51077809&fan_landing=true

Discord:https://www.discord.gg/FsuuhNg8

+

+

+

"Father...returned..."

In the face of a beast like this a normal human, no, a normal sentient being would feel different kinds of fears.

The fear of the unknown, the fear of the strange, the fear of holes, the fear of multiple limbs, the fear of something speaking without a mouth.

Yet, I felt none of it. I only felt one thing: curiosity.

What does this mean? When I left, these guys couldn't talk, only using some primitive sign language. Did all of these creatures evolve like him, or is this a solitary mutation?

The many-armed monster moved aside, pointing at the hole with its many arms.

From its shifted position, I noticed that there was a faint green light coming from its head holes.

"... Father go... others...await..."

"... Alright."

Taking a deep breath, I jumped down.

The hole went down a few meters before it was slightly curved, becoming a passage.

The walls were entirely covered in the mold, from which some vines dangled off, and the white flowers covered the ground.

As I went deeper, I noticed something incredible.

Something has grown on the surface of the mold.

They looked like mushrooms, illuminating the cave in a dim green light.

I didn't receive a notification about a new strain of mold appearing.

"These mushrooms, where are they from?"

The monster slowly crawled behind me, barely fitting in the passage.

"Found...cave system...while digging... Grows well...on mother..."

"Mother?"

" Mother...around us...feed us...birth us...gift from... Father."

Did a religious body form while I was away? I was gone for a week; how did things progress so fast?!

Walling deeper into the passage, we arrive at a huge cave.

"... Get out of here."

Before me was a hive.

The entire placer was greenish-black, with flowers covering the ground.

On the walls, several holes were visible, from which the kayeri climbed out and entered, doing god knows what.

In the middle of the field was a primitive-looking house, made from rocks, held together by sheer luck.

"In...here... Igor...awaits..."

The giant pointed at the house.

" Thanks. You may go."

Taking a deep breath, I entered the house.

Unexpectedly, it was bigger than I expected, filled with my stuff which seemed to be properly maintained.

At a table, I saw Igor, reading one of the books I borrowed from the King.