Chapter 42: Potato

Warning: this chapter contains the world potato a hundred times. Do not make a drinking game out of it.

Also, Exam weeks have arrived. I will stop writing for a while to focus on my studies.

Discord: discord.gg/krr2hTX9PD

+

+

+

After I was done, the light moved on the other participants.

When it finally was done, everyone was feeling uncomfortable or embarrassed.

"Well played y'all! Now let's meet the winners!"

The light shined down on a green fish-faced guy, with golden confetti falling on him

"Congratulation! You are the singing king of kings! You may now move around and talk with our guests or press the red button placed at the edges of the tables."

The second the devices appeared, I ran to Mirmy, grabbed her arm, and slammed hers as if it was a taxi clock.

Accompanied by a bright orange light, I returned to the dining hall, where no one seemed to realize what just happened.

"H-Hey, let me go!"

Holding tightly her wrist, I looked straight into her eyes, now noticing that this girl was completely hammered.

"The hell are you doing here? All the entrances to the surface should be locked and buried!"

"Hehe, ma-made one. Dig 'HIC!' one up. Wanted drink!"

Damn it, she is an alcoholic, and I can't be even mad at her, since I turned her into one.

I sent a message to my knights to come back to me.

Once done, I swept her off her feet and carried her like a princess out of the castle.

"Hehehe, this is fun. Let's do this more!"

Please no.

As I was leaving the place with Mirmy, an old woman bumped into us.

"Excuse me!"

The old lady was nothing but skin and bone, wearing quite an exotic poncho-looking thing. In one of her bony hands, she held a basket containing several different-looking earth apples.

"No, no, I was the one at fault. Here, has a potato!"

She handed me a strange-looking one and slowly walked away.

"Ahhh, thanks?'

I put away the vegetable and guided her to the colosseums entrance.

Once at the staircase leading down, I sent a message to some of the kayeri to bring up a protective suit.

While waiting I tried to not drop the drunk queen, who started to swing around the empty mug she was still tightly holding in her hands.

When finally, the kayeri arrived with the protective suit, I had to fight her to put it on, and as she was trying to take it off, I rushed down the mold-covered tunnels, directly going to my laboratory, where the mold hadn't spread yet.

I chose one which had a comfortable bed and blankets on the floor.

"Here, lay down. I will bring you some water in the morning. "

I was going to go away, but she grabbed my hand, her eyes half-opened.

"No. Don't go. Sing for me."

"....Sigh, what do you want to hear?"