Chapter 56. Moving out.

Check Patreon for more chapters: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=51077809&fan_landing=true

Discord: discord.gg/krr2hTX9PD

+

+

+

Joshua Riker's (The apostle of Light) POV:

'The little boy could not sleep.'

I woke up after hearing these words.

After the party, my friend and I were given separate rooms with the girls sleeping together.

The people here were friendly to us, especially that girl, who has been asking about our adventures together.

Maybe when all of this is over, I will bring her with me. She might be fun...

Smiling, I tried to roll over to my side so that-

'The little boy could not sleep.'

This time I heard it clearly. There was something in the room, moving around.

Slowly I reached under my pillow, where I kept a throwing knife. Since I was a kid, my parents weren't quite good people, and I couldn't sleep without doing this.

When I was sure where the target was, I sat up and threw the knife in its direction.

Immediately I used my power and created a small ball of light, seeing the thing I just hit.

"What in the name of-"

The thing on the wall facing me was nothing more than a monster born from nightmares.

It was a bald, disfigured, green head, with six arms connected to its neck, which is used to move around.

The monster screamed in a high-pitched voice as it tried to get the knife out of its hand.

"I have no idea what you are, but I am sure of one thing. You do not belong here!"

As I practiced, I slammed my hands together over the ball of light and recited the holy prayer of the gods.

"-May your bones burn to ash. Cleansing Light!"

When I parted my hands, the small ball of light transformed into a ray of light that flew right at the creature.

The beast screamed as its body burned, turning into a pile of ash before my eyes.

"I need to look for the others."

"Don't move."

From the shadows of the room more of those creatures have crawled out, reminding me of a swarm of spiders.

As I was looking around one of them fell into my lap, making me scream in fright.

"Don't be scared. Father's message. No harm."

The thing's speech was broken and slurred, as blood dripped out of its mouth with each word.

"M-Message? What message?"

The eyes of the thing suddenly erupted into green flames, as the voice of a man could be heard from each one of them.

"Evening, champion of Light. I am the one who you are looking for, The apostle of Putrefaction. I am sorry for not meeting you in person, but I have plans that couldn't be put to a later date. As an apology, I have designed you a game. It's called 'Extreme Hide and Seek Tag.' The rules are simple. I have drugged your companions and that young beauty of the noble girl. I hid two in the mansion while I am currently taking the other two away with me to the city. You, the hero, only have to find the ones hidden away in this big place and follow us as fast as you can. I have to warn you, that there is a time limit of two hours after that everyone dies. Please enjoy the game and I hope we won't meet.