19: Affection

Chapter 19: Affection

_______________________________________

"Andra and Forcé."

Sh1t.

I looked at my professor when he uttered that. I stand up and gathered all my strength to ask him, "Sir? Why me? Uh...is it because of my absence these few days ago? I'm sorry for that," I said while holding my two fingers at the back. Kinukurot kurot ko to, para magising ako sa panaginip.

Nasaktan ako, it means totoo to.

"Ms. Andra. I don't know what you're talking about, I'm using you because even it's the first week of you here in our school, you stand out. Pinakita mo ang kagalingan mo. Narinig kita while talking, answering Mrs. Flores question. She told you to answer it veraciously? Then... it's a yes for me. Kaya kinuha kita. Pero I'm putting some challenge for you, you should use Filipino Language. Buwan ng wika to eh? Diba?" mahabang ani niya habang naglalakad lakad pa sa front.

Tulong lord.

"Sir, n-no I don't know how. Medyo hindi po ako marunong eh. Nabuhay ako na English ang gamit and I...think I'm not qualified to that sir..." sagot ko habang nakatungo.

Of course I know how to speak Filipino. I don't know anong pumasok sa utak ko at nasagot ko yon sa kaniya. Is it because of Justin? Part of moving on? Gusto kong malayo sa kaniya.

"I don't take no as an answer Ms. Andra. Just take this as a challenge for you. Take it or leave it. Malay mo... ito na. You should accept this also because of what you said earlier? Na may absent ka? Of course babawi ka," He said while clicking his tongue and pointed at me.

I gulped and unconsciously looked at Justin. He was staring straight to the board while playing with his ballpen. Naramdaman niya sigurong nakatingin ako sa kaniya kaya lumingon siya sakin at tumaas ang kilay.

Pinikit ko yung mata ko at sumagot, "Okay Sir. I'll do it," I looked at the professor in the eye. He smiled and snapped his finger.

I roamed my eyes at nakita ko silang nakatingin sakin. What caught me is si Ice na parang walang buhay while looking at Justin. Justin smirked at me and snapped. I pursed my lips as I got my head shook. I roamed again and saw Angela, Xizi, Belle and Sabrina, clapping their hands silently at me. I smiled faintly at them and bowed at them.

Hindi to tama eh. Dapat lumalayo ako. Cupid shuffles all my thoughts and prayers that I'll be now moving on. Everything made me took the opportunity to be with him again. Debating is a fvcking thing where you need to interact with someone—your enemy.

"Let's begin with the review," saad ng teacher habang kumukuha nang sample test papers. "English," he uttered while looking at me seriously.

The heck? Why would he look at me like that? Is it really necessary to look at me, just because I had the highest and stand out performance in English?

"Jasmine, you take this paper and dicuss it. I'm taking this seriously. Can you prove a trusty guide lady?" he asked.

What? Why me? Ako na naman? I'm bad at lecturing. Bloody hell! This is freaking me out.

Kahit pilit tumango ako, "S-sure sir."

"Good, pinapatawag ako ng principal so you should watch it. Maliwanag bah? Is it clear?" tanong na naman nito. I forced myself not to be annoyed.