Chapter 30: True Ice

(For those confused about the last chapter, I'll explain here okay? For today, the song is "God is a Woman" by Ariana Grande!)

Akali's POV

Daiki was silent, Nao was excited, and Oka was sweating bullets about what my mother just said. Still feels weird to call her that really.

"She's.....she's the missing princess?"

Oka asked and gulped. Was I the one he was searching for after all? I shrugged. I didn't know. How could I, it wasn't even that long when I was spawned when that happened.

"To think I was some kind of nobility with a strong Kekkei Genkai.......I understand why am I this strong now."

"Ah.....I have questions.....how?"

I asked and tilted my head. She sighed and gestured me to sit, so I did.

"Tell us your love story Okaa-chan."

"I wouldn't call it that.....*sigh*. It started when me and Oka was still young. We're best friends even back then. We lived peacefully here. Or so we thought."

"I was still young when I met Kisame. We're childhood....."

"Sweethearts."

"Oka!"

"It's true. Why wouldn't he fall in love with you? You were the only one who didn't judge his appearance."

I nodded in understanding, the brothers beside me also in deep curiosity.

"We were in love. We grew up to your age and still, we loved each other deeply. During that time, the Yuki clan was being torn apart inside. There were conflicts between families and branches because of the power that the head Yuki family had. Only we could turn something in ice by touch."

"I'm the princess at that time, and I have been working hard for my duties and seeing Kisame for almost all of my life. But even I cannot stop the inevitable. Soon, a war inside the Yuki emerged. For the people who hated our clan, it was the perfect opportunity to bring us down."

"Which they did. It wasn't long before they started assassinating those who possess the Hyoton. They called it the bloodline purge, thinking that people in Kiri hated Kekkei Genkais but in truth, it was a massacre for the Yuki. They hunted us like wild animals and the others had no choice but to flee."

"Some seemed refuge in the land of snow. Many were killed, and some stood fighting in Kiri. I was one of them because I simply cannot leave my clan members to die here. And as a wielder of True Ice, I had to train to protect those I had left."

"The war lasted for years, me Kisame and Oka.....we grew up separated. Oka is a half Yuki and he helped me as my body guard, but I lost contact with Kisame. I saw him again of course, because the so called bloodline purge was coming to a stop. I was so happy to see him again so....we did things. I didn't know that was the last time I will be seeing him as an ally.......as my lover. He joined the Akatsuki just as the nine tails in Konoha became the talk of the town, and then..........I was pregnant."

"And cue the mc. Just kidding."

"Your grandparents were glad because someone will inherit the power of true ice. With Oka by my side, I took Daiki and Nao under my care. They are your cousins from the head branch, and they showed signs of wielding true ice every since birth so their parents gave them to us before fighting the last war."

"It saddens me to say that along with my parents, many Yukis are eliminated. We were nearly wiped out had not Kisame saved us. And then, with his help, I gave birth to you. The happiness I felt giving birth to you and seeing Kisame again left me letting my guard down."