Chapter 32: Returning to a storm

(Todays song is "Cry Baby" from Tokyo Revengers!! I seriously love the gangster vibes although I haven't watched much. So with that in mind,

We're near saying goodbye to Akali Hoshigaki. It's only a couple more chapters before this book ends and I'm glad that all of you decided to read this book and support me, but sadly, all things must  come to an end.)

~3 years later~

Pollux's POV

"Nothing but an embarrassment."

"Are you really Poseidon's child? Such brash attitude!"

"I wouldn't be surprised if he sides with the enemy. Such a problem child."

That was what they said. I was born different, because of the eyes that came out with me. They called it a nightmare. They called me a nightmare.

"Some gods they are. I thought gods were supposed to be kind and forgiving?"

I crushed the can of soda that I just drank from not too long ago and threw it somewhere. I frowned.

Now that I was sent here to retrieve these human souls from the those demons that stole them, it feels like they have succeeded in throwing me away.

Good. I don't want to come back up there anyway. They are worse than demons. If only....if only they were—

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted when I saw Akali fall down.

"Yo kid, you alright?"

She didn't answer and continued slashing endlessly amongst the sea of monsters that she gathered to attack her all at once. She kicked a big one from her back and she twirled so quick, forming my bones as she did so that it would protect her from outside attacks and cut everything around her to ribbons.

[Stack in effect
CRITICAL HIT
CRITICAL HIT
CRITICAL HIT
CRITICAL HIT]

The system alerted as she already killed so many, their corpse piling on top of each other as she took their life away from them. I smirked and lingered near the corpses and ate them before they vanish into pixels. Akali looked at me, her eyes devoid of any emotion as she defeated yet another final boss, therefore finishing the round.

I frowned and circled her.

"You have to stop overworking yourself. I get it, Asuga made you stronger! But come on! This isn't right! You haven't slept in a month!"

"I don't have to. I have to finish this level."

"Gosh darn it. Do I have to knock you out? You've already done so much for today. You stalked that high official Konoha wanted dead for 2 days without sleep! You've trained with Asuga as compensation 3 weeks straight! And now you're clearing and waiting for the ID create's timer for 10 times now! How much do you need?!"

I asked exasperatedly and flicked her on the head. Her left eye twitched but not blinked, as she avoided it with speed rivaling mine. Shit. She did get stronger.