Chapter 34: Accursed Fate

This chapter is dedicated to MizuUchiha7

For your idea, I am grateful. And so I shall fulfill your request.

(We're nearing the end of Akali and the players' adventures!! So here's "Blood in the Water" by Grandson!)

Third Person's POV

The white haired girl gulped due to the dryness in her throat. She traveled in foot this time since Arima got cozy with Sasori in the island and she didn't want to make anybody know what she planned. In truth, she was scared of what Pollux told her. Maybe that's why Lucian got a trail of what was happening even if Pollux blocked the system's intrusive mind reading.

She knew it was her fault- she haven't controlled her emotions better. And now that that game master knew, he's going to lower her sanity until he knows what the hell she was planning.

~Flashback~

"You can't win the game."

Akali frowned. She clearly doubted what the Shark God said, but she isn't actually trusting that Game master for her faith. Only one was certain, she was dead. No one would survive oil trucks exploding let alone 8 ten wheelers. Or was it 10 eight wheelers? She forgot.

"Look- oh wait wait,"

Pollux got a very thick blob of darkness from her mind and threw it on the glowing blue chip on her mind.

"That will keep them from knowing what we're talking about. That's not going to hold for long so I'm going to be straight with you."

"You can't win this. They plan on consuming your despaired souls after making you fight and kill each other. That Lucian? He's the real game master. Deus ex Machina was never a god. Lucian and his siblings will consume the ones that 'won' their bet since they have the most amount of despair in them."

"What? Are they demons or something?"

Pollux stayed silent as the information sunk into Akali like a sponge absorbing water.

"Yes. Why do you think gods like us got involved? They were taking countless souls and punishing them without the approval of the higher gods. They are rebelling. All ten princes of hell joined hands and made this system, and they are planning something sinister. Something that will erase everything the gods have built."

Akali laughed mockingly and combed her hair, clearly agitated.

"Are you saying that I should save the other souls and free us from this misery?"

"Yes. As reward for doing that, they will be transported hours before their death so that they may prevent it. They can start again and continue living."