15 : SHATTERED SOUL

SEAN

I slowly opened my eyes, feeling unable to move. My body felt numb. I turned my head aside trying to recognize the place I was at. I blinked multiple times to clear my vision.

A hospital room. Mia's hospital. I was here to pick up Bella. I closed my eyes tightly shut, my heartfelt sparkles like pain at her name.

My mind recalled some memory of something about flame, a burning car, toys, a giggling sound of my Bella, hand hanging from a car door, a truck. I shoot opened my eyes when a voice echoed in my mind. Voice of my Bella shouting my name.

I disconnected the IV from my wrist. Throwing the sheet from my body I rushed towards the door. As soon as I went outside I saw Erik sitting on a waiting chair, grabbing his hair tightly with his head down.

" E- Erik". I called. His head snapped up when he heard me. His eyes were red and puffy. " Erik where is Bella?". I asked desperately waiting for his answer.

" Sean". He stood up placing both of his hands on my shoulders. " Sean, you need to rest now, hmmm?. We will talk about it later".

I looked at him confused. " Erik where is Bella?. I want to see her. She must be waiting for my consciousness". My eyes roamed around his face.

" Sean ". He uttered, grabbing my arms tightly. " Mirabella, S-she's-".

" SHE'S GONE". I turned towards the broken voice. It was Mia who was looking messed up. Coming towards me followed by Isabella.

I blinked multiple times looking at all of them. They were looking terrified, broken. I was so confused. What happened to them?. Why are they looking so stressed?. And where did Bella go?.

" Where?". I asked Mia when she approached me. " Where did she go?. Why are-".

" Your Bella is gone Sean. She's dead. She left you Sean. She left us". Saying that Mia fell to the ground sobbing hard. I looked down at her. Isabella sat on her knees and was trying to console Mia.

" Dead". I mumbled. " Bel-Bella". I chuckled and turned my attention towards Erik. Who was looking at me like I'm a psychopath. " You head what she said?". I pointed my finger down at Mia looking at Erik. " You heard her?". Erik didn't reply only stared at me. " She said my Bella- My Bella left me. How can she say that Erik. HAVE YOUR WIFE GONE MAD?". I yelled.

" SEAN ". Erik said in a strick tone. " Come back to your senses".

" Why did she say something like this about my Bella?". Erik ran his fingers in his hair closing his eyes, he took a deep breath. " Erik-".

" Sean, listen". He cupped my face making me look at him. "You need to rest. Your mental condition is not good right now. Doctor told us not to stress you. Let's get in the room. alright?".

" Erik, why don't you understand?". I removed his hands from my face. " My baby needs me".

"Baby?". Erik asked confused.

I nodded. " My Bella is pregnant. I smiled nodding my head. "We are expecting".

Erik's eyes widened and his head snapped towards Mia. " Was she pre-". She looked up at Erik and nodded. Isabella was also shocked to know about Bella's pregnancy. But why are they past tense for her'?.

I saw Mr. George coming to us. He also had sorrow-filled eyes. He petted my shoulder softly before turning his attention towards Erik.

" Mr. Erik the police have only been able to find this till now. Nothing left in the blast". Mr. George forwarded his hand with a transparent plastic bag that has a ring in it. I grab it before Erik could.

It was my Bella's ring. Our wedding ring. The ring was covered with blood. I stare at that until reality hit me hard. She was in there. She was in the car.

" E-Erik I want to se-see her". I looked at him with hope. " E-ERIK... PLEASE". I raised my voice but it came out shaky.

" Young master". Mr. George called me softly. I turned towards him. "My son, you want to see her right?". I nodded immediately. " I'll take you there. Okay".

" Mr. George?". Erik looked at him confused.

Mr. George nodded softly. " I'll take care of him".

" Come". Mr. George took me with him. I sat beside him in the car. He was taking me towards the road where we had an accident before.

As soon as we reached there I get off of the car. There was police cars, ambulance, fire brigades. They had blocked the area around my car. I walked near it but an officer stopped me. " M-my...". I uttered pointing my hand towards my car unable able to make any sentence.

George talked to that officer so that he allowed me to cross the barricade tape. I walked near my car. It doesn't seems like a car anymore more like a brunt and a busted big part of it. The shattered pieces of glass and black smoke were all around it. The road was wet because of all the water used to put out the fire.

I fell on my knees. Looking at the blood-stained parts I shook my head in no. Unable able to believe anything even though everything was in front of me. My eyes landed on half-burnt baby socks. I picked it up in my hands. It was too small compared to my palm. I clenched it tightly with both of my palms and brought it closer to my chest.

" My baby". My lips trembled that my voice come out above a whisper.

That's the moment when my first tear fell from my eyes. The moment when I realised I lost everything at once. The hardest moment of my entire life.

I cried hard on the road. Holding the only thing left of my Bella. I screamed my lungs out there. I was sobbing so hard that my body was shaking uncontrollably.

I felt a hand petting my shoulder. I raised my head slowly. " Mr. George-". I uttered. He sat on his knees in front of me.

" She's gone Mr. George. She's gone. My Bella, my baby they are gone". He hugged me tightly that I felt the presence of my self. He caressed my back gently.

I haven't had any strength to even hug him back. My arms were lifelessly hanging from either side. I stared at the toys covered with blood on the road.

" Please take me away from here". My voice came out so weak to pronounce the unwanted words.

I felt my happy little world fall apart. I felt lifeless. I felt the most helpless person, the weakest, strength less.

Mr. George helped me stand up and walked me away with him. That's the hardest thing of my life to walk away, leaving my soul behind.

°°°

You said you were in love, but love doesn't leave like you did.