26 : REGRET

SEAN

I woke up on the couch in the living room. I looked here and there as something felt missing. Curtains weren't wide open as always. No smell of delicious breakfast from the kitchen. No humming sounds of songs from her.

I went to check on her in the room. She was still covered in the duvet as I left her last night. I slowly walked toward her to see if she was awake or not.

" Isabella?". I called softly. She pretended to be asleep but her moving eyeballs weren't helping her.

I expanded my hand to check her temperature but she suddenly pulled the duvet over her head before I could touch her forehead.

My fingers curled and I took my hand away from her. I indeed regretted what I did last night.

It was Sunday. I didn't have an office so after freshening up I went into the kitchen and made a lit breakfast for her. I slowly knocked on the door but there wasn't any response from her.

With the breakfast tray in my hand, I went inside. She was now sitting on the bed with her back resting against the headrest. Eyes closed, head up, breathing slowly.

Sitting beside her on the bed I placed the food tray next to her and called her softly. " Isabella?".

She flinch and her eyes shoot open as soon as she realised my presence. She immediately tried to back off. Her calm self was now looking terrified. Her eyes were holding mixed emotions of fear and pain that were fixed on mine.

" Isabella calm down okay. I'm not going to hurt you. See I have made breakfast for you. Let's eat okay?". I tried to speak in the most calming way, doesn't wanted to scare her more. But she still was hugging her knees out of fear, looking at me with her starlet eyes.

My heart shrunken looking at her condition.

" Okay, I'm leaving". I stood up from my place as she was so uncomfortable because of my presence. " Don't forget to eat". With that, I made my way outside. Closing the door behind I glance at her who was still staring at me without blinking her eyes.

The regression, the guilt was eating me from inside seeing the heaviness in her eyes. She fears me.

I never had raised my voice on any female before. Raising hands or harnessing them is a far-away topic for me. But now I had done that. How can I do this to such a delicate and vulnerable person? How could I force myself on her?

I was unable to face her again but after gathering all my courage I went inside to check if she had eaten or not but I was right. She didn't. The food tray wasn't even touched and she was again covered in the duvet.

She should at least have drink the juice. Picking up the tray I went outside and got an idea. I ordered food and left the apartment.

Soon a delivery man came and rang the bell. I was looking at everything from upstairs.

It took her a few minutes but she opened it and took the food from him with a confused face. I added her favorite chocolate with food also. I know she can't resist it.

I stayed outside as much as possible. Didn't go for lunch or dinner. I just let her be because I know she needs some time alone.