28 : HER HEALER

SEAN

I heard some chirping sounds of birds from outside the open glass window. The sun slowly started raised making the outside view clearer.

I was sitting on a tool next to Isabella. She was sleeping peacefully on the hospital bed after crying the whole night telling us to call Mr. George. But we didn't as it was late and he might get worried about her. Mia gave her sleeping pills and then she slept.

I took Isabella's palm in both of mine. Bringing it closer to my face I rested my forehead on it. " I'm sorry". I whispered. " I'm sorry for hurting you when I was hurt". I softly peck the back of her palm.

I glanced at her pale face and realise it was all because of me. I'm responsible for her this condition. I never took care of her. I never gave her the right she deserves. I never cared if she had a meal or not. I even didn't look at her face properly since we got married.

But she, she played her role properly. She performed all her responsibilities well. She handled my drunk self at such a young age. She left her school, friends even his Georgie for this marriage but what I did. I literally caged her, only gave her pain. She only has got pain in return from me.

She never complains. She didn't utter a word to Erik even after I forced myself on her. She is truly an angel. A broken angel.

I was so damaged that when she tried to give me what I deserve, I had no idea how to respond.

She even tried to attempt suicide. What if something would have happened to her. I would never be able to forgive myself. I still can't. But I'll protect her with my life from now on.

I felt myself changing since that rainy night. She used to simply sit by my side as kids do. She was always around even though I never felt her soothing presence but when she wasn't there I indeed felt emptiness. I got a habit of her presence around me.

My eyes started searching for her. That's kinda become my habit to see her roaming around me.

I can't conclude what am I feeling. I think it's guilt. Guilt and shame. I need to apologize to her for everything. Maybe the burden my heart is feeling will fade this way. I'll feel independent when she'll forgive me. Will I ?.

I gently placed her hand back on the bed beside her and left the room. I went downstairs to get freshen up and also to bring something for her to wear from my apartment.

My neck was hurting because of sitting all night. I placed my hand on my nap and lifted my head while walking towards my car in the parking lot. Before I could open the car door I saw Erik. I froze in my place. At any cost, I can't let him see Isabella. At least not for today.

" Erik". I called.

" Hey Sean, you are still here". He said coming toward me.

" Ye-yes but what are you doing here this early?". I asked as he was all dressed up.

"I have to catch a flight in a few hours. I'm going to Mexico for a week because of some business issues. I came just to check if your friend is okay. Last night Mia said, one of your friends got into an accident?. She also didn't come back home last night. How is his condition now". Erik asked.