43: PLAYFUL

Four months later

SEAN

Sitting on the living room couch, my feet were tapping the floor, elbows resting on my thighs, palms were joined together near my mouth on which I was blowing, my eyes were fixed on the television in front of me as the final football match was going on.

" Come on. Come on. Come on...". I kept on mumbling under my breath as a soccer player was about to make a goal but suddenly the channel got changed.

" Fu-". I turned to grab the remote but found Isabella sitting next to me holding the remote. " Isabella give it to me". I asked a little loudly but only got her eye roll in response.

" No, I want to watch this". She turned her gaze towards the television where some cartoons were doing some shit.

I sighed heavily sitting back properly looking at her with the corner of my eyes.

We have a huge age gap. That's the reason she admires something that makes no sense to do at my age. For example, kids like toys that are nothing but a waste of money for adults but that little shit means a lot to them.

Just like that she's a teenager, a playful teenager who likes to play or tease. She wasn't that interested to watch cartoons at that time but she just likes to tease. I also could have given up by showing maturity but I don't want to kill the little child in her.

"What about rock, paper, and scissors?". I asked. She frowned. " The one who wins will get to watch their favorite channel". I explained.

Her eyes light up. She jumped a little in her place before properly facing me. " Okay. But not rock, paper and scissors". She added.

" What about arm wrestling then?". I asked but she shook her head.

" You'll beat me with a finger. Look at those big muscles of yours before selecting any game". She said before tapping her finger on her chin thinking deeply.

I chuckled internally then actually checked my biceps. She's right though.

"Idea". She said scooting closer to me. " We'll play eye contest game". Saying that she clapped her tiny palms multiple times.

" How to play it?". I asked as I didn't know anything about that game.

" Look... You just have to make eye contact with me. You blink you lose". She explained. " Ready?". She asked.

Nodding my head I sat in front of her. We both lean our faces a little. Only a few inches of space were between us. " Start". Saying that she dropped her smile and widen her eyes a little. I did the same.

We stared into each other's eyes for don't know how many minutes then I started to feel dizzy. I just felt like rubbing my eyes so badly but I needed to win. She needs to know what her husband is capable of.

She wasn't budging a bit and there I was somehow trying to hold my eyelids up.

Suddenly I got an idea. I brought my hand on her bare thigh and started moving it up. I smirked as her eyes widen. She gulped down as my hand slipped under her dress. She was stubborn until I lean my face closer to hers.

Her chest started moving back and forth. She looked down at my lips that curved up into a big smirk and that's the moment she realised lost.

I back off grabbing the remote which was between us on the couch.

" Cheater". She glared.

" What cheater?". I mocked. "I didn't cheat".

" That-that hand thing wasn't allowed". She said pointing her finger towards my hand.

" Well, you didn't say it when I asked the rules". I replied and turned to the football channel again.

I looked at her with the corner of my eyes who shot a glare at me then stood on her feet. I gazed at her as she went towards the television and unplugged its wire angrily then left the living room with large steps.

That was hot

Soon I heard a loud door slamming sound. I busted into laughter. Now I got why Sebastian used to tease her. I'm kinda obsessed with her glaring blue eyes.

Wait... Why the apartment has become so silent. I immediately made my way towards the bedroom because I have learned one thing about Isabella... Everything is more than okay until there's violence in her presence but the silence is the sign of danger.

I brought my ear closer to the door trying to hear what's new tantrum is on its way but there weren't any noises. I knocked slowly before opening the door only to see a flying pillow that directly landed on my face as soon as I entered. And before I could say anything another pillow got thrown on my face.

" Cheater. Trying to mess with me huh? You don't know who I am...". She kept on seething and throwing pillows back to back at me and I was trying to defend myself.

Soon the fight turned into a game when I start to throw the pillows back at her. She giggled loudly when I missed an aim. I fell on the floor as I was laughing so hard.

Coming towards me with a pillow she sat on her knees next to me and started to beat me with that. " Bella stop". I grabbed her wrist.

As I pulled the pillow from her hands I saw her dropped face behind it and the moment I realised what I did.

She was about to stand up but I tighten my grip around her wrist and sat up in front of her. " I'm sorry. That name just slipped". I apologised.

She gave me a nod and a tight lip smile. " You miss her?". She asked out of the blue.

I nodded honestly. " She's unforgettable". I sighed heavily. " But I've learned to miss her quietly. She indeed had my heart but you have my soul. I love you Isabella. I'm still waiting for your answer ".

She listened to me silently. And stared at me like I'm worth looking at. She opened her mouth to say something but something stopped her. Again.

••• NEXT DAY •••

ISABELLA

" Luna why can't we have a normal life? Why do all our happy moments always turn into something hurtful memories?". I brushed my hair back using my fingers and rested my elbows on the table in front of me.

" Babe, it's because you both are insecure". I looked up at Luna as she said that so softly. " You always compare yourself with Mirabella. Maybe she was mature, had high standards and all but you are more than enough too. She was his past but you are his present and future too. Sean also thinks he doesn't deserve you and that's what creating distance between you two. Stop being insecure and open up with him. Make him feel like he deserves you. Stop running from your own feelings. Peek inside of your heart. I know you love him too".

°°°

Insecurities kill all that is beautiful