31 : THE BALL

SEAN

Pulling a duvet on her body, I turned off the lights and went outside the bedroom as she was sleeping peacefully now.

I lie on the couch thinking about how I got panicked when she disappeared from my sight for a minute.

Soon my mobile started ringing. Erik! I completely forget to call him back.

" Hey, Erik". I greeted.

" Sean, listen to me carefully. There is a ball invitation at Mr. Patrick's mansion tomorrow evening. I can't attend because of my busy schedule so I'm leaving it to you. Only couples are invited so you need to take Isabella with you there. Okay?". He said seems in hurry.

" But Erik Isabell-".

" I need to go somewhere now. I'll talk to you later". With that, he hung the call.

I sat up. ' Will Isabella agree to come with me?'.

The next day I took Isabella with me to Bella's showroom. Her personal assistant is managing everything now. There were still many big posters of my Bella on the walls.

" Good evening Mr. Patterson". Her assistant came to greet me. " Long time no see". She added.

" Good evening Mrs. Charla. I have to attend a ball tonight. I want you to get her ready till eight. I'll come to get her". I said pointing at Isabella who was busy admiring the interior decoration of the place a little distance away from us.

" Okay Mr. Patterson. Just leave it on me. I'll not disappoint you". She said smiling at me.

" I know, that's why I'm here". I replied giving her a nod.

She slightly bowed at me before making her way toward Isabella. As soon as she said that I'm leaving her here to Isabella her head snapped towards me. I stared at her nervous reaction and nodded softly.

At sharp eight, I got ready wearing a black suit, gelling my hair back, I went back to pick her. Waiting outside the makeup room, killing some time while using my mobile as she wasn't ready yet.

Soon I heard a clicking sound of sandals against the marble floor. I glanced at the black high-heeled girl was coming in my direction. I slowly lifted my eyes up to meet with her ocean blue ones.

I unknowingly stood up from my place.

A red floor-length midi was hugging her body so perfectly. Her long brown hair was now tied up in a unique bun. Only some strands of her hair were loose, hanging on her face and shoulders. Dark blood-red lipstick on her plump lips and a pair of black leathered gloves on her hands to elbows.

' Wow '

" Sorry Mr. Patterson. We are a little late". Mrs. Charla brought me back to reality and I realised I was checking her out.

" I- Ummm... Oh that's okay ".

' Why the hell am I stuttering? '

Thanking Charla I turned my gaze towards Isabella again. "Shall we?". I asked Isabella who nodded in response. Signaling her to walk before me I placed my hand behind her waist a little away as she wasn't looking comfortable in those high heels.