16 : BROKEN DREAM

ISABELLA

It's been a week since the incident. The whole house is deadly silent since then. All doors are closed and the only sound that has been echoing is of crying and sobbing, Sobbing of Mrs. Mia.

Mr. Sean hasn't cried after that night. The only thing he does is sit in his room and stare at the photo wall. He doesn't go out, doesn't speak, doesn't sleep nor does he blink. When someone calls him for something, he only stares at the person's face blankly.

His eyes seem lifeless.

The maids cook food every day and it gets all thrown in the dustbin. No one has an appetite. No one comes out of their room. It's only me who roams around in the house or in the garden area.

I get inside my room the only sound in there was coming from the dream catcher as it was moving due to air and its metal pieces were hitting on each other.

I lay on my bed looking at it blankly. It remained me of Miss. Mirabella. The last time when we meet is when she consoled me when I cried over Sebastian.

I immediately sat up. " Sebastian". I grabbed my mobile thinking there must be tons of missed calls from him and now he must be angry with me as I totally forgot about him for some days.

I checked my phone but there weren't any calls or messages from him. I tried to call him but his phone was switched off. I clicked on the location but it doesn't show anything.

He promised me that he'll call me but he didn't.

I went to his house in the evening but it was locked. No watchman, no guards, nothing. I turned around to go back home but I bumped into someone.

I back off to see his face. It was Shawn, looking at me emotionlessly. I looked here and there but there wasn't anyone. The whole road was empty.

I always feel terrified around Shawn. He has a big body, a deep voice, and a dark aura. Unlike other members of his group.

" You know anything about Sebastian?". He asked with no expression on his face.

" N-no". I stuttered. " We aren't in contact since last week. He said he'll call me after the landing but he didn't".

" Landing?". He frowned his eyebrows. Looking confused.

" Didn't he inform you?". I asked." He shifted to England with his family".

" That idiot". He mumbled." What about you? Are you joining the school or have decided to become a housewife already". He let out a dry chuckle.

I glared at him. " I'll join from tomorrow".

" Best of luck". He said sarcastically before turning back. " Go back home. It's about to get dark". He said walking towards his bike. He wore his helmet and drove off.

I also went back home, I was about to enter the hallway but stopped when I heard some noise. I peeked inside.

" ...Sean listen to me, there is no one to take care of you in your apartment. Stay with us here. You won't feel alone". Mr. Erik was trying to stop Mr. Sean but without uttering any word Mr. Sean came towards the door from where I was peeking inside.

I immediately stood straight. He simply glance at me before passing by me but it felt like a glare. I quickly headed inside where Mr. Erik was rubbing his forehead.

SEAN

I entered my apartment only to meet the darkness and silence. I grabbed a bottle of alcohol from the kitchen and without turning on the lights I went inside our bedroom. I sat on the floor, opened the bottle, and gulped down half of it in one go. Feeling the burning sensation in my throat.

I closed my eyes and rested my head on the edge of my bed. The only thing I saw when I closed my eyes is her eyes. The freshly rained Forest green eyes. Those eyes were begging me to save her, to save our baby.

I want to go somewhere and scream as loud as I can. I want to cry and let out all the tears inside my eyes. I want to pull my heart out of my chest and throw it, burn it and be heartless.

I don't want to live this way. I want my Bella back. I want my child back. I want her again I want us. I want her to come and scold me for being drunk, I want to ask her for forgiveness, I want her to hug me tightly. I need her.

It was my fault. It was all my fault. I wasn't driving carefully. If I would have listened to her. My Bella must be with me right now.

I know she'll never come back now and that hurts more when I think that I won't ever be able to hold her hand, hear her voice, hug her, kiss her, laugh with her again. If I had one wish right now I could've asked God for her. I loved her the most and now miss her the most. I don't know why did she leave me but her absence is killing me every second.

I somehow stood up from the floor, supported my body weight, and went outside my apartment. I don't know where I was heading to but I just aimlessly walked and walked on the road with my stramble steps and alcohol bottle in my hand.

Taking a sip from my bottle I was about to cross the road but a car came towards me. I covered my eyes with my hands to block the headlights.

The car stopped an inch away from me and for the worsted luck, it was a police officer's car.

After spending the whole night in lockup a police officer recognized me in the morning and without waiting for anyone for my bell he released me. I was just glad he didn't inform Erik.

First of all, I went to my apartment and got freshen up. For the first time in my life, I tested the air of the police station. Jail is no joke.

After coming out of the bathroom I took five sleeping pills and gulp them down. I know I need to sleep. I haven't slept since last week.

I closed my eyes but again that pale face, that pleading eyes, that scream. That accident, those painful memories flashed in front of my vision. But soon I felt my eyelids heavy and the darkness pulled me into it.

°°°
She's far away to hold me