41: HER CHOICE

ISABELLA

" Bye Luna". I waved my hand bidding my goodbye to Luna as our college timing ended and our paths separated.

As soon as I turned I bumped into someone. Rubbing my forehead I moved my head up to see Sebastian. I sighed witnessing him looking down at me blankly. " So you finally decided to show yourself". I crossed my arms on my chest.

He gazed down at the keys in his hands. " Bella I-".

" Ma'am". Philips called standing next to me. He glanced at Sebastian then at me. " Mr. Patterson told me to-".

" Don't worry he won't do anything to me". I said turning my gaze towards Sebastian again. " Tell Mr. Sean I'll be a little late today". I added. Nodding his head Philips obeyed.

I took Sebastian with me to the college canteen. He sat in front of me on a chair diverting his gaze from me. While I was resting my back against the chair with my hands crossed on my chest.

I waited for him to speak but he wasn't even making eye contact with me." It's been thirty minutes Sebastian and you haven't spoken a word". I said making him look at me.

" I suck at apologies okay". He said a little loudly. " Wait a bit more". He added and again bowed his head.

I stood up and sat next to him. " Spell out whatever you want. I'll listen". I said softly. He turned to face me properly but didn't make eye contact.

He took my palm in his big one hesitantly and started creasing it with his thumb. " Bella I". He lifted his gaze and gulped nervously. I nodded to encourage him. " Bella I'm sorry". He breathed out heavily shaking his head a little. " I-I don't know what got into me that time. My mind wasn't ready to accept the fact that you aren't mine anymore . Because I always thought that B-Bella was always mine". He said with a little pout on his lips.

"Sebastian-". I called as I witnessed tears shimmering in his dark brown eyes but he cut me off.

" Let me complete first". He said making me nod.

" You know what Bella, I nearly lost my mind when I forgot my mobile at the airport. I tried to contact you in all way possible but failed. There wasn't any day I didn't think about you, try to approach back to you. I waited for this vacation. I was here with a plan that I'll convince Mr. Erik and Mr. George to take you with me for further studies. I was ready to take admission in medical college too for you but when I-I came to know that I was hoping meaninglessly. My world turned upside down when I came to know that you got m-married. It felt like you betrayed me or something. But I was so stupid to hope without any reason. It was really a bad idea to love you But what do I do? you were so easy to love". A silent tear slipped from his eyes.

I brought my hand closer to his cheek and wiped his tear. " Sebastian I'm so sorry. I had no idea about your feelings. I also missed you all this time. Only if you know how many times I've called you hoping you'll answer this time. I can't forget all the good memories we have shared together. Wherever I go I talk about you and us, even I share our childish memories with Mr. Sean. And he admires. He listen to me like you used to. Protect me as you did but there's a feeling in my heart for him that I can't conclude what it actually is. I'm sure it's not love, I can say only by looking in your eyes that love is a strong feeling. B-but I want to be his".

He removed my hand from his cheek with a tsk sound. " My Bella wants to be someone else now". His tone had mixed emotions of sadness and anger.

" Sebastian please don't be sad". I pleaded tilting my head.

" Nothing left to be happy Bella! I have to choose between my happiness or your happiness". He said lowly.

" Same goes to me, Sebastian". His eyes lifted at my words. " I also have to choose between my happiness and your happiness. And I'm choosing mine. Sorry to be selfish but I'm choosing him". I added.

" Well". He breathed out moving backward. " It's my last day here. I'm going back". He said grabbing his keys.

" You are going back? Why?". I frowned.

" I was here take you. I've no reason to stay here anymore". He answered.

" Sebastian, I hate sudden goodbyes. You did the same thing last time too". I said angrily.

" Then... What about making this goodbye special?". He asked and before I could answer he dragged me outside the college with him. Reaching outside he threw a helmet at me that I caught right away. He sat on his bike and wore a helmet too signaling me to sit backside that I did.

He took me on a long ride. I opened my arms wide and closed my eyes. "I missed this". I mumbled.

He broke some signals, drove over the speed limit, he even left bike handles multiple times and I freaked out so hard every time.

Time flew with him and it was already sunset. He dropped me near Mr. Sean's apartment. I handed him the helmet back that he hang on his bike's handle along with his.

Suddenly he took my palm in his and placed his bike's keys on it. I looked up as he closed my palm but his eyes were on our hands. " Sebastian-".

"I'm afraid to see you happy without me". He said meeting my gaze. "I've somehow convinced my heart. I'll never come back here again". He added weakly smiling at me before leaving my palm.

I took a step closer to him and slowly hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me too. Closing my eyes I felt his thumping heart near my chest. " You have me here. Remember it". I said feeling his nodded head against my shoulder.

I was about to pull back but he tighten his grip around me for a few moments making me tiptoe. " Be happy with your Mr. Sean. But don't be happier". He said in my ear before pulling back.

He stared at me trying to control his tears. " Don't forget me ". Saying that he peck my cheek then started taking steps backward.

" I won't". I mouthed. I could never.

Seeing him disappearing from my sight was the hardest moment of my life. My lower lip started trembling badly. As soon as I turned to go upstairs I saw Mr. Sean's car coming inside the parking lot.

As he got off the car his eyebrows crashed together as my tears started rolling down my cheeks. I ran towards him and threw my arms around him tightly.

" He's gone". I cried loudly clenching his shirt tightly in my fists.

" Shish...". He wrapped his arms around me gently and started rubbing my back. " It's okay. You'll meet him again".

" No". I shook my head. Pulling back I looked up at him with blurred vision. " H-he said he won't". I said showing him Sebastian's bike keys. " Mr. Sean tell him to stay please". I hiccuped between my cries.

He gently cupped my face and wiped my tears. "Isabella, If he won't come... I'll take to meet him okay". He assured.

" Will you". I asked looking into his orbs.

He smiled nodding his head. " For you, I'll".

°°°

I promise, no one will ever take your place in my heart