The calm before the fireworks (5)

Rigel got on his knees and touch the back of her head with his hand. Blue light, emitted from his hand as the blue glow touch Shaman's head, and then the crying slow. The crying of a girl about her lost memories came into silence, as she was picked up and Rigel gave her a lap pillow. Rigel calmly wipes away her tears and looks down at her "I did not foresee this... I'm sorry..." Abloom of emotion appears on his face compared to earlier times, as his face begins to break from the stoic emotion into a sadness. He turns to look at Dartz "I assumed you will no longer be taking the trial anymore." He seems to lose control as his emotion seeps through the cracks of the stoic personality.

Dartz went and sit down next to Rigel "I don't know... I don't know whether it is right or wrong to deny your request for help. I don't know whether it is good for me to even do the trial after seeing the effect on Shaman." Dartz peeks over to look at Shaman's Face "Maybe if I was to take Shaman's place in taking the trials, I would protect Shaman's memories. I'm scared of dying, of losing everything of my memories but maybe I would be able to protect Shaman." Dartz moved some of the hair from Shaman's face

Rigel looks down at Shaman "Even so, you are going to sacrifice yourself for your friends... although you two have not to need to take the trials and let the world flow forward. It is your choice... You can protect yourself by avoiding taking the challenge that stood before you..." His face darkens "Not everything you face is beneficial to you all" Rigel doesn't know whether his action will be good.

Dartz looks at Rigel "Well, you remind me of someone. He uh, I think used to be proactive with others' lives and always talk about improving something. Always thinking that whether it is best for them or not" Dartz sigh "Sometimes he was a bit too carried away with it too, although now, those memories are fuzzy to me. I can't remember who he was anymore." Dartz looks up at the dark blue sky of the Horizon Ward "I don't know why a lot of memories are fuzzy or are hard to remember ever since I'm been in this place of this world." Dartz look at the Horizon

Rigel listens to Dartz "Well, I think I should start finding ways to help you guys. My power is unknown to me. I feel the power coming from the Horizon Ward itself, maybe I may have originated from there." Rigel thinks about himself "I guess, I'll find ways to help improve our situations." Rigel takes one long look at Shaman "I was too careless, now I wish to fix it or at least prevent more harm to you guys" Rigel sigh as he lets the time pass by.

Time went by as the world of the Horizon Ward went unchanging as the two awaken let the silence settle among them, Shaman soon arose from their sleep as their rub their eyes "Did I fallen asleep?" Feeling a soft sensation on the back of their head, they look up and saw that Rigel was giving her a lap pillow. In sporadic movement upon seeing this sight pushed Rigel as they try to get up from their sleeping position and without realizing it they fell off the platform of the train station. "EH!"  Shaman felled straight into the water and was completely wet in the water. 

Dartz gave a small chuckle upon seeing Shaman falling into the water, while Rigel was a bit worry as he spoke "You okay?"

Shaman stood back up and try to dry themselves "I'm fine!" 

Rigel ask once more "I meant to ask, Are you feeling better"

Shaman stood there quietly and then reply "I'm doing okay, I'm sorry for crying earlier, I shouldn't have cried all over you guys about losing my memories" Shaman seem a bit sad from his loss of memories but she couldn't do anything about the situation

Rigel in turn tries to humble Shaman "No, don't worry about it, I'm fine with your crying, it is my fault for not taking precautions in protecting you all. I can only ask you can forgive me for my neglect foresight." 

Shaman flusters a bit and scratching their cheek  "I feel embarrassed for acting like that earlier, and uh...well...also thank you for allowing me to rest on your legs." Shaman wasn't used to thanking others and also getting lap pillow from someone they barely know.

Dartz smiled a bit more than usual "Well, then it seems you're a lot better than before" Dartz got down from the train station platform and look into the Horizon of the world "I guess. I might return to the Nora District but give me time for now. I want to ensure that I am willing to enter it 90% confident." 

Rigel saw Dartz regain a bit of their composure and smiled "Well, I will remain here and find ways to protect you guys for the time being" Rigel look at Shaman "and what will you be doing?"

Shaman was unsure what had to happen between both Dartz and Rigel or at the question "So? Are you going to leave me in the dark or what? You two went crazy or something after I balled my eyes out or something?" Shaman was confused by their talking.

Rigel and Dartz look at each other and burst into laughter.

Shaman sinks into a deeper confusion as she looks at both of them. "Huh what? why are you guys laughing at!?" Shaman had a friendly panic situation as she was curious and confused about what just happened

A spark of hopes arose from their laughter, as the three went to rest at their respective world they were from as Rigel worked on finding his abilities limits. Dartz has given themselves a long time of decision about beating the districts and their purpose.  Shaman went to rest more and also finding himself on terms with his memories loss. Although not all of them were 100% at retaking the trials yet the world was not going to wait for them to get together. Slowly the Horizon Ward began to change as the water slowly grows. The sparks themselves will not end, it will bloom like the fireworks in the skies at the end for those below the works of light to be inspired.

-End of Chapter-